Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Kerry 2009/2010

Options
  • 15-11-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

How about everyone post here any Christmas activities being held in your areas for the months of December 2009 and possibly some of January 2010 also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Killarney, thus far:

The festival kicks off on Friday 4th December with a torchlight Christmas parade, the switching on of the lights and the opening of the ice-rink.

Their will be a Christmas-themed village in the Fairhill carpark. Two marquees will be erected from 5th December to house Killarney-on-ice and the Christmas market. The marquees will be permanent in the run up to Christmas and, in the case of the ice-rink, into January.

Also, Santa's Grotto, which attracted thousands of children last year, will be re-located to the Cultural Centre on East Avenue Road from it's location at Deenagh Lodge last year.

An Italian opera company direct from Florence will perform at Saint Mary's Church of Ireland on 10th, 11th and 12th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is the ice rink going to be in fairhill carpark??

dmeehan wrote: »
    is the ice rink going to be in fairhill carpark??

yeah. They are closing off the Fairhill car-park with the exception of the area around the O Callaghans' Fruit & Veg for deliveries etc for nearby businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Has anyone got details of the Santa Fun Run in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

kerry4sam wrote: »
    yeah. They are closing off the Fairhill car-park with the exception of the area around the O Callaghans' Fruit & Veg for deliveries etc for nearby businesses.
    That might actually be a better location for it too.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got details of the Santa Fun Run in Killarney?

hey all I know is:
    It's on 19th December with everyone meeting at 2pm Scotts' Street ... It's 10km in your Santa suit to run / walk / crawl. It's for charity; it's for fun; it's just a matter of getting some of your friends together to raise funds for the 5th Annual Christmas in Killarney Festival.

You pay a registration fee of 25euro that includes a full santa suit :D. I think it will be a great laugh.

Anyone else here planning on registering?

dmeehan wrote: »
    That might actually be a better location for it too.

Yeah I agree it is a better choice of location. I remember hearing from people last year who found the ground of last years' location to be un-even / un-level and not completely safe as a result so maybe they had some say in the change in location, I don't know.

Fairhill does get a thumbs' up from me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

german-style christmas market in tralee from 4th to 8th dec.
    http://www.tralee.ie/Christmas%20Market.htm

Christmas Day swim in Fenit or Banna.

Will probably go ice skating in Killarney also.
    http://christmasinkillarney.com/
    Open air markets in killarney too!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

kerry4sam wrote: »

Car Park closed this morning and it seems as if the Ice Rink is being built:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi, does anyone know if there will be any events to celebrate the winter solstice tonight in the Tralee area?

• Advertisement

I hope everyone has a Safe & Happy Christmas and New Year :)

It was nice to get to know so many of you here in this Kerry forum in 2009.

Take Care everyone xx

Advertisement