Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7mm-08

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

dwighet wrote: »
    the 7mm08 you shot was mine..built as a mountain rifle...of course its going to kick..it weighs 7 pound!!!!
    your 308 is a varmint gun..... heavy barrel heavy stock....

Theres a huge differance old mate...DONT get me started Clive:mad::mad::D

I know...

I'm just a frail overweight elder lemon:rolleyes:

And be fair to yourself and your gun it weights under the 7lb mark all up (with scope) and is a work of art.

If only I could have....... your 7mm08 (cliveJ now dreams on)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

clivej wrote: »
    I know...

I'm just a frail overweight elder lemon:rolleyes:

And be fair to yourself and your gun it weights under the 7lb mark all up (with scope) and is a work of art.

If only I could have....... your 7mm08 (cliveJ now dreams on)

Work of art is right. I picked that thing up for a look and it's so nicely balanced I could shoot oranges standing at 200 yards with it. Definitely a serious piece of advertising there for John Greene's work. I have a job for him actually, now that I think about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

recoil charts;

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=56996

The 7mm-o8 is a tad lighter than 308

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

recoil charts;

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=56996

The 7mm-o8 is a tad lighter than 308

Instreasting to see that the 150gr 300 win mag has nearly twice the recoil of the 140gr 7mm 08. I don't think clivey will be shooting one of those in a hurry.........;););) a wink is as good as a...................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

clivej wrote: »
    Instreasting to see that the 150gr 300 win mag has nearly twice the recoil of the 140gr 7mm 08. I don't think clivey will be shooting one of those in a hurry.........;););) a wink is as good as a...................................

Oh yes you will CliveJ...sooner than we think..;);)

Heres something to get the heart pumping

• Advertisement
Advertisement