Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Sniper sidearm

Options
  • 15-11-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Always an issue, What will you carry. A sub? A pistol? Nothing?
    Personally its either my trusty PPK or a P90. Which is yours???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I only got a mp7 recently and is the dogs b*llox good range, small, accurate and fairly silent on semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

i got a m1911 gas blowback its savage but tis fair heavy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Jarate.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

One of Glocks C series and a 50 round mag!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Aep's are well reccomended, the glock ones can hold like 50 bb's or so?

And range and accuracy is good, and no gas cooldown and reliability to contend with.

mp7 is the same thing in a bigger package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Ppk, or mostly my tm p226. Reliable, good range, and comfy to shoot.

Best sidearm would combine compact size, good range, and smallish mags. The more compact mags and weapon are, the easier they are to carry, draw without being seen, and quickly if need be.

If anyone mentions the mp5k, i'm going to hand out spankings :P Personally, the p90 is FAR too big as a sniper sidearm. It's an smg, not even an smp...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Don.t bother with one, you'll be a more effective sniper the least cr@p you have to carry. You'll always be out gunned if you are seen by people who are set up in battle loadouts with loads of mags and automatic rifles.
    :)

The Legend that is Liamo or "the bush", never carried any more than a rifle and a magazine with em. he was without a doubt the most effective user of the sniper rifle ive seen in airsoft. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Don.t bother with one, you'll be a more effective sniper the least cr@p you have to carry. You'll always be out gunned if you are seen by people who are set up in battle loadouts with loads of mags and automatic rifles.
    :)

The Legend that is Liamo or "the bush", never carried any more than a rifle and a magazine with em. he was without a doubt the most effective user of the sniper rifle ive seen in airsoft. :)
    Masada has it in one... Key secret? don't get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Firekitten wrote: »
    If anyone mentions the mp5k, i'm going to hand out spankings :P Personally, the p90 is FAR too big as a sniper sidearm. It's an smg, not even an smp...

I do love the mp5k and they are small and nice to use, and the galaxy has great range on it.
    oh please oh please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

I just carry me rifle and one mag dont need nutin else apart from me ghillie of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mk.23 socom would be my choice, sure you could leave the rifle at home and snipe with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Masada has it in one... Key secret? don't get caught.

I never seem to. I can take out my whole team in a sniper match. The trick is to hide in the most uninviting area wait for them to pass, shoot, run, they think your waiting for them somewhere else nice and cosy is a bush and then you flank, shoot, run, repeat. works every single time without fail :)

k99_64 wrote: »
    I do love the mp5k and they are small and nice to use, and the galaxy has great range on it.
    oh please oh please
    I never said who would be administering the spankings now did I?

Oh Rhinocharge? step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I've heard the Tauras PT 24/7 is supposed to be brilliant. Gas Non-Blowback with good range and power. I've been looking into the Ruger Mk1, and it's been called the most effective pistol for range and accuracy, but is quite loud so is also worth noting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Yeah I've got a Taurus PT24/7 and its pretty damn accurate. It's also very gas efficient, the spec's say 250 shot per CO2 cartridge. I haven't counted myself but that would be about right.

But when I'm sniping I use my Mk.23 Socom.

The silenced model of the ruger mk1 is a breath.... the non silenced model isnt too bad really.

Most effective weapons i'd suggest being AEPs, and NBBs for the stealth factor, But personally I choose a Gbb. (I'll get onto that in a moment)

The aep is efficient, and compact, the g18c will fit in a huge number of holsters, including my personal favourite, the serpa. (g17 model one). The USP has advantages too...

When I owned both, I used the usp with a decent silencer as a backup. Quiet as a proverbial tomb. Main point of note, is small magazines that are easily stored... 3 to one pistol mag pouch generally.

They work perfectly in all weather too. (though they DO dislike getting 'really' wet. (as in swimming with one)

Nbbs are similar to gbbs, but with the added quietness brought from no moving slide... Nice, efficient, and general good all rounders, apart from in quite... adverse weather.

My personal preference of a gbb is multifaceted... I Use this sidearm as a last ditch weapon, or if I need to go noisy. I will do my level best to not get caught, if they are close enough to find me, i could use a rubber knife.... can't be bothered. In the UK theres a 25 meter minimum engagement range for sniper rifles (at 500fps), thus, a sidearm is generally a requirement. For me, the sidearm is for those times when I end up moving with a squad, or caught in the open, when stealth isnt a factor. If they get within 25 meters of me, they deserve to get me. My tm p226 non railed is a workhorse, and i hate to swap weapons when I own one that never lets me down. the most important requirement from a sidearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

m249 personaly... cough...
    xXx

Ah sure, but most of us are not chuck norris.... though I hear when sniping he uses an m1a1 abrams as a concealed backup... Perhaps a 249 is more Steven Segal?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Ah sure, but most of us are not chuck norris.... though I hear when sniping he uses an m1a1 abrams as a concealed backup... Perhaps a 249 is more Steven Segal?

Steven Segal is far superior to Chuck Norris...
    and anyway, Segal doesnt have a back up because he never needs one...
    DOY:p

for the topic though, i guess an aep/nbb for stealth and a gbb for fun:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gungun wrote: »

heretic. Everybody knows Segal is a poor substitute 'cause Chuck Norris flips out like only a ninja can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

Chuck Norris invented all the colours... except for pink, gungun invented pink :p

I think the best sidearm for a sniper is your spotter with an M203, but failing that, something small and light. If you need anything else you've done something very wrong.

Chuck Norris invented all the colours... except for pink, gungun invented pink :p

I think the best sidearm for a sniper is your spotter with an M203, but failing that, something small and light. If you need anything else you've done something very wrong.

nice one on the spotter, im sure ehobby have a drop leg for one:D

but you all seem to think that chuck knobiss is best but i doubt you have seen the movie where Segal sliced an arrow coming at him in half with a sword...(belly of the beast):cool::pac:

oh, and you have a problem with pink?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

but you all seem to think that chuck knobiss is best but i doubt you have seen the movie where Segal sliced an arrow coming at him in half with a sword...(belly of the beast):cool::pac:

Ah, but Segal didn't do a flying kick through the windscreen of a porsche driving towards him, taking out the driver (Good Guys Wear Black) by crushing the trachea and/or breaking the neck with a well-placed cowboy boot . That was badass ...

Pink is for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, desert camo!! And chuck Norris can slam a revolving door!

It may not be practical but in the real world some snipers stalk with a service rifle carrying their "long" in a drag bag. To create a look you could do this? Then you could use your aeg as back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

nice one on the spotter, im sure ehobby have a drop leg for one:D

I could only find a shoulder holster for one... ;)

CarryWoundedIraqi.jpg

Lemming wrote: »
    Ah, but Segal didn't do a flying kick through the windscreen of a porsche driving towards him, taking out the driver (Good Guys Wear Black) by crushing the trachea and/or breaking the neck with a well-placed cowboy boot . That was badass ...
    #

come back to me when chuck norris has some albums...;)

514RRJNXQ4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51FK55PZS1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! i couldnt have asked for a better reply dude!
    10/10 reply! LMAO
    thank you for the laugh lol!
    xXx

thermo wrote: »
    Pink is for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, desert camo!! And chuck Norris can slam a revolving door!

It may not be practical but in the real world some snipers stalk with a service rifle carrying their "long" in a drag bag. To create a look you could do this? Then you could use your aeg as back up.
    Not always...

Depending on situation, and proximity to target, the sniper carries his long, and stowes his service rifle. Considering airsoft nearly always falls into this category... its not too bad to just carry the rifle, Though Royal Marine snipers carry thier l115a3 and a sidearm, no rifle on stalks.

I did at one milsim game, tab out into the game area with burgen and dragbag containing my long, and carry an aeg and sidearm as fighting order. Painful, and milsim fodder only I'm afraid. Its just not practical at all considering the duration and area of most airsoft games. You just don't get the hours alone and distance from target to operate that way. There are some times in airsoft where copying the military works, but for airsoft, sniping is a lot more like hunting than its military equivalent. We just operate too close for it to work the same.

You could also use claymores, you can mine approches so no body sneaks up or mine staging points/ cover that may be used if the enemy are going to assault your position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

thermo wrote: »
    You could also use claymores, you can mine approches so no body sneaks up or mine staging points/ cover that may be used if the enemy are going to assault your position.
    Dont worry way ahead on you going to Hrta to skirmish it properly :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement