Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Sniper sidearm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Claymores are a nice touch, but in my own personal view, utterly pointless and impractical for the airsoft sniper, aside from extremly long milsim games. As a sniper, you are mobile... having to gather claymores up after a shot and then move, slows you down, makes you more visible to your target area, and will weigh you down with them in your kit.... Gucci... but about as practical as a surfing badger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Yea i know ive trained with it on for a while now and its not much in my drop bag. However im experimenting strapping it on me as a surprise :)

I'd say 'why not if you dont mind carrying it' but they really are quite crap anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

i think the m14 because its an aeg sniper so no need for back up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

So is the MK12 SPR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

m14sniper.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Except they're primaries, not secondaries... They're also DMR's not sniper rifles...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

I would have to get the m14. such a lovely gun..... but reallt automatic snipers are just not as fun as a bolt action, or as quiet

Glock rules relible,accurate,fully auto an compact what more can you want?

This topic is about a Sniper's sidearm, not a sidearm for a 'sniper rifle', so it goes fine...

I'd say an m21/m14 is more a semi auto sniper rifle based on the m14 rifle system.

However, anyone who thinks because they have a semi auto rifle, they don't need a backup... is either highly inexperienced, or has a perfect rifle, that works every time, and never runs out of ammunition or power, If so, let me know where you bought it, i've been after one of those since forever!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

They're also DMR's not sniper rifles
    over recent years the line has very much blurred and crossed over depending on the ao, also depends on the country in Russia the svd and vss is a sniper rifle in military doctrine but to western eyes a dmr, the again in Russian the sniper role was always a very supporting role so could have been classed as a dmr all the way back to ww2

sorry off topic :)

anyway back to sidearms, if i run with a side arm it would be something small and light, more than likely something like the tm glock aep

A desent sniper should only need to use his sidearm rearly and still be very effctive when doing so.Even if his main rifle is four and a half kilos!!!!

Indeed, Though at times, i end up in a contact, fighting off aegs with a pistol... good times.

Anyway, Lemming and Smokerkl can attest to my pistol ninja antics down at Cork :P

Firekitten wrote: »
    Indeed, Though at times, i end up in a contact, fighting off aegs with a pistol... good times.

Anyway, Lemming and Smokerkl can attest to my pistol ninja antics down at Cork :P
    Whats your weapion of choice?

Tm p226, big pistol, but very very very reliable. TM for pistols... every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

+1 on the TM pistols, my MEU is one of the best pistols iv ever owned /used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

My sidearm(s) are normally a KJW M1911A1 and the KJW M9A1 (though I am replacing the M9 with a USP GBB). I like the realism they provide, and they are fun as hell to shoot!

+1 on the 'pistol ninja' doctrine, although I dont think its very 'milsim' but... Who cares? If its fun, and practical...

Hmmm. Strapping claymores to the chest and roaring 'allah ackbar' in a middle east type MilSim would add the suicide bomber to the fun. Anyone up for being a suicide bomber :P

I wonder will the Mac 11 be my new sidearm.

Phractal wrote: »
    +1 on the 'pistol ninja' doctrine, although I dont think its very 'milsim' but... Who cares? If its fun, and practical...
    How is being able to use your secondary effectively not milsim? I thought hitting things before they hit you was the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

A pt99 on the hip and a mac 11 sitting on the ground within reach for when its time to spray and run like f##k .LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

baby hi capa 3.8 shiz accurate short reliable holds all u need and has the bling factor

• Advertisement

At the end of the day the best sidearm is the person behind the trigger after all you could have the best most accurat and compact sidearm in the world and not get a single kill beacause you can't hit a barn door at 15 meters!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

There is not much point trying to be a sniper then .LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

we have to stop all this crap about "if you're a decent sniper you shouldnt need one" because what we will end up with is "if you're a good sniper you shouldnt even need a rifle"
    side arm: perhaps a kwa/ksc g26c? very small, light and i do believe it take the 50 round mags also, but i have no idea on the reliability of it

I have one there very relible on simi auto but on full auto your lucky to hit a man size target at 9 meters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

.22 Lover wrote: »
    but on full auto your lucky to hit a man size target at 9 meters

Excellent, I demand two!

It also emptyes the 19 round clip in 1 and a half seconds flat!!!!!

se conman wrote: »
    A pt99 on the hip and a mac 11 sitting on the ground within reach for when its time to spray and run like f##k .LOL
    Too much crap to carry.... and you realise mac 11s drop thier mags easily, and have a stupid long mag making them cumbersome, they are also horridly inacurate. Just use the pt99.... simples
    baby hi capa 3.8 shiz accurate short reliable holds all u need and has the bling factor
    This is for a sniper... Wtf place does bling have in concealment?
    There is not much point trying to be a sniper then .LOL
    +1
    gungun wrote: »
    we have to stop all this crap about "if you're a decent sniper you shouldnt need one" because what we will end up with is "if you're a good sniper you shouldnt even need a rifle"

Uh....

If you don't have a rifle, how are you a sniper? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Roundybale

.... mac 11 sitting on the ground within reach for when its time to spray and run like f##k .LOL

Yeah blast dem boys then jump in to the escalade an cruise back to the projects (ferndale park)!

Or Perhaps not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Roundybale

Or perhaps HELL YEAH :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement