Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Sniper sidearm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Or perhaps you could stop thread spoiling perhaps?

It's sortof pushing the thread tone down from what is a very useful topic... It's also not dicipline(sniping) relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

and mac 11s are really figity (spelling haha) and mags are prone to leaking not the best side arm at all:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Roundybale

Firekitten wrote: »
    Or perhaps you could stop thread spoiling perhaps?

It's sortof pushing the thread tone down from what is a very useful topic... It's also not dicipline(sniping) relevant.

Oh, I beg your pardon madame for i did not meant to offend you with my humor. Please do not blame se conman for I am the one who must burden the blame for destroying this thread. My humblest appologies to your grace.
    Please accept my :pac::pac::pac: as a sincere and unconditional sorry.
    Over the forth coming days I shall be submitting a request to the moderators of this forum for an immeadite deletion of my previous post.

Yours in sorrow,
    Seamus Keogh

*sigh*

The thread isn't destroyed, its just rather annoying to have a serious discussion amidst sillyness. Anyway, you can delete your own posts with the provided button :P

And it's good you know your place is at my feet with the other loyal subjects *preens*:rolleyes:

NOT

Get back in your box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

dont-disturb-this-cat-in-the-box.jpg

Firekitten box?

Well, as you and your band of 'yeah you tell her' supporters in the thanks bar, my comment was a sarcastic poke at your yes ma'am, no ma'am, three bags full ma'am *tug fringe*' routine.

As for 'get back in my box' You're either being extremely msogynistic, or, fighting well out of your class honey. Either way, No.

As for 'get back in my box' You're either being extremely msogynistic, or, fighting well out of your class honey. Either way, No.

Too late baby!
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    dont-disturb-this-cat-in-the-box.jpg

Firekitten box?

By the way...you couldnt touch my class with a MIG jet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Firekitten box?

MMm, perhaps a dog box. Y'know ... for canines. Or for the txt spk generation; a K-9 ...

I knew I'd regret posting that :rolleyes:
    Why is there always a person who takes stuff too far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

This thread has gone so far off topic i dont see the point in keeping it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

A mig jet you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, an excellent back up for any sniper!!

I still reckon mp7 is the way to go when one can't afford an airsoft mig!

Surely though, if you're working as a team, needing a full aouto sidearm is pointless?

Surely though, if you're working as a team, needing a full aouto sidearm is pointless?
    True but keeping 2 people hidden is alot harder then 1 unless they are using a DMR.

You haven't seen Thermo and Andy_G when they're ghillied up, I walked past them twice and didn't see them. I even looked right where they were...

In return to the original now long extinct topic, I belive we have to consider several facts when selecting a sidearm, regardless of its use. These are as follows:

Size: Yes, it does matter... How big are your hands? can you use it comfortably? Comfort equals better aim.

What do you want it to do?: Is it an offensive sidearm? A sniper would want something with a little more punch to compensate for the imballence in evidence requiring them to use it. A concealed backup? well, different again.

Weight and shape: Well both of these making carrying things difficult, or extremely easy, consider tradeoffs between performance you desire, and things you prefer... like lack of bruising, the use of your legs et cetera.

After one has considered these, now you can sort amungst guns you prefer for cosmetic reasons, and finally you have a winner...

Choosing a sidearm for a sniper, is relatively painless if you make it so... the frequency these topics surface with is somewhat annoying, but as a way of making this more informative than 'I like m9s! 'nah m9s are ****e, usp am bestest sidearm!!!11', I make this suggestion: Future posts suggesting sidearms, or saying which you use, ought to be followed by Why you suggest this weapon, or what you find helpful about its design, or function for this role.

Here we go:

TM Sig Sauer P226

Why?

Well its comfortable if a little large, but the reliability of this model far outweighs the disadvantage of bulk. It's got brilliant accuracy and range.

:)

Firepower is like a condom better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Size: Yes, it does matter... How big are your hands? can you use it comfortably?

But I was told size doesn't matter!!

*serious hat*
    Why do so many people swear by the MK23? Its quiet, but bulky as f*ck!

.22 Lover wrote: »
    True but keeping 2 people hidden is alot harder then 1 unless they are using a DMR.
    Mmm, I'd think a two man team with one bolty, and one rifle would be more... stealthy and less likely to be discovered, the dmr with higher rate of fire is in more danger imo.

And I agree... there is Really no point to a full auto sidearm. Man the feck up and learn how to aim guys.

thermo wrote: »
    Firepower is like a condom better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Firepower is like eye protection, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
    Jesus Thermo, there's children on here! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

it dosnt have the looks tho you need something thats gangsta and how can u say airsoft isnt about bling what u tink every tings 4 (tac vest pistol on your side helmet guille assault rifle and smg on your back )

its all the look man if airsoft didnt have this stuff it would be paintball

u need da look

IT doesn't have the looks though, you need something thats "gangsta" and how can you say airsoft isn't about bling what you think everythings for (tac vest, pistol on your side, helmet, guille assault rifle, and smg on your back)?

Its all the look man, if airsoft didn't have this stuff it would be paintball.

You need the look.
    Fixed your post, that was some horrible reading...
    I don't have my gear for "the look" or being "gangsta", I have it for its practicality.

yea obviously but the look

u need da look
    You need to be shot

It plays a small part in "the look", but this has nothing to do with sidearms for snipers...

yea it does i agree small reliable but has to be cool looking same with the sniper

it dosnt have the looks tho you need something thats gangsta and how can u say airsoft isnt about bling what u tink every tings 4 (tac vest pistol on your side helmet guille assault rifle and smg on your back )

its all the look man if airsoft didnt have this stuff it would be paintball

u need da look
    U need to learn to type PLEASE....

Airsoft is part about the look, but in certain skill related areas, such as sniping, an element of practicality breaks in. Some of us play this sport for the physical demand, the skill required, the feeling.... not just the look. I'm afraid what you describe is closer to paintball than any other part of airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

this is an excellent sidearm
    The MAKROV
    Makarov-web.jpg

Try buy a dimond encrusted sidearm for [ Da Look ] on a sunny day try to use it and be shot in the face beacause you count see your target cause the sun is reflected in your face [By the shiny sidearm].

• Advertisement

Firepower is like eye protection, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
    Jesus Thermo, there's children on here! :P

Ger as always your mind is in the gutter! A condom has many uses and not all of them recriational!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement