Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My warranty has expired

• 15-11-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

My warranty has expired and I recently got the red ring of death...
    What can I do i've had the console for about 4 years with no problems.
    Will I have to pay for a repair/am I better off buying a new console?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

So was mine i rang up xbox and the guy just asked me when did i buy it. I said about a year ago and he just sent me on the free repair shipping label. So id ring them up and give it a shot first before you pay for any repair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Unlucky !!! Ive went through 3 consoles in the last year. but i got a refund on the 3rd one there yesterday . so im gona buy the new super elite. What you could do is ask for the repair price if its not that much it would be worth getting it repaired.

Fraud not wlecomed here please refrain from such comments

And yeah i would agree with the above guys opinion , you could just say you only had it a year or 2, and risk it for a free repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

My mate has about 3 different alias' now from doing this haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Unlucky !!! Ive went through 3 consoles in the last year. but i got a refund on the 3rd one there yesterday . so im gona buy the new super elite. What you could do is ask for the repair price if its not that much it would be worth getting it repaired.

And yeah i would agree with the above guys opinion , you could just say you only had it a year or 2, and risk it for a free repair.

That seems pretty fair - sure feck the next person who has a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Isn't that fraud?

If it's the 3 RRoD my friend just fixed his xbox in like 3 hours. Took it apart, took off the heatsinks for the CPU/GPU, cleaned off the thermal paste (pratically non existent because of the age of the console) from the heatsinks and chips, applied new thermal paste, reseated the heatsinks, put it all back together except the external case and powered it up. It still RRoD'd so he unplugged the fans and let it overheat (until he got two red lights instead of 3), turned it off, waited for it to cool down and powered it on again - voila, one fixed xbox :D

Get the error number for the RRoD, there could be hope for your xbox yet if Microsoft refuse to repair it FOC :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement