Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skate 2

• 15-11-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

God i love this game my thumbs hurt haha.
    Not a skater but i picked this up second hand and i love it - so frustratingly addictive.
    Any of the rest of you looking forward to skate 3?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

By far one of my fav games on the 360. Loved the first one and love this, hours and hours wasted just skating around. Love the control system! Is Skate 3 confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

its terrible, TH all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

segasega wrote: »
    Is Skate 3 confirmed?
    Yep, it's coming May 2010.

I enjoyed the first and second games, but I really hope EA don't start pumping out one a year. That killed the Tony Hawk series for me. Got to THUG and had to take a break until THP8. Skipped Proving Ground too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Ye tony hawks totally over did it, I used to play them all the time, but now can only play skate, find tony hawks boring now. The difference between some of the tony hawks games is so minimal that it seems pointless to buy them, but skate 2 was clearly better than skate. Wonder how different 3 will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

segasega wrote: »
    The difference between some of the tony hawks games is so minimal that it seems pointless to buy them, but skate 2 was clearly better than skate.

Really? I thought the first skate was a massively frustrating pile of poo, so the second one would have to be a huge improvement.
    I personally really liked Project 8, but agree that the TH series has become extremely stale with little difference between the games...

The new Tony Hawks (Ride?) looks really terrible though... The recent video on live actually made me laugh out loud at how lame it looked:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

tman wrote: »
    Really? I thought the first skate was a massively frustrating pile of poo, so the second one would have to be a huge improvement.
    I personally really liked Project 8, but agree that the TH series has become extremely stale with little difference between the games...

The new Tony Hawks (Ride?) looks really terrible though... The recent video on live actually made me laugh out loud at how lame it looked:p

I've never really liked the TH series. It's too easy and very unrealistic I think. I much prefer skate mainly for the control system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hated Skate, played for an hour and rage traded it back to the shop :D

Got Skate 2 and after playing it to death!!!!!! I will never touch a Tony game again :D

I don't think even a skateboard peripheral can save that dead dodo, I mean if i wanted to do that id just get wii fit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cormac89

hay i was wondering if anyone could tell me if tony hawks ride is worth getting.i havnt bought a tony hawks game in ages cos they have been bad since underground 2 think was. all ones before that even were better but i really want to get it cos kinda looks cool with the board and all but the price tag doesnt so before i go buy and then find its crap i was wondering if anyone has played it and what they thought of it cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I haven't played it myself but it's supposed to be fairly poor by all accounts. Metacritic scores it as 47 and most of the reviews say it's just a gimmick.

Advertisement