Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sperm count test results?

• 15-11-2009 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

hi,

Did sperm count test:

sperm count=33.90 mill/ml
    rapid progress motility (a)3.8
    slow or sluggish motility (b) 30.7
    non progressive motility (c) 17.4
    immotility (d)48.1
    VOLUME = 2.5 mls

so do u think guys result are not that good? Any advice may be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi

heres some info below on what is normal for a sperm test

Semen Analysis - What is normal ?
    volume of ejaculate 2.0 ml or more
    pH 7.2-8.0
    sperm concentration 20 million per ml spermatozoa or more
    total sperm count 40 million per ml spermatozoa per ejaculate or more
    motility 50% or more with forward progression
    morphology 30% or more with normal forms
    vitality 75% or more live,i.e.,excluding dye
    white blood cells fewer than 1 million per ml

You seem to have low motility From what I know they like to See (a) at 25% or more and (b) at the same so that (a) and (b) are equal to a minimum of 50%

My husband had low motility similar numbers to yours and was confirmed by several follow up SA's but now he has very normal/high motilty.

First thing is it takes 3 sperm tests to diagnose a problem as once off could be a fluke etc.

Second thing is it takes 3 months for sperm to be fully mature so if you make changes now you won't see much results for 3-6 months.

I recommended Korean Ginseng 1000mg a day my Dh takes 1500mg (3 tablets)
    CoEnzyme Q10 30mg 3 tablets a day and Vitamin C 1000mg a day and also a multivitamin like wellman etc.
    It's worth noting my husband lost a lot of weight so this could be a factor his b.m.i is 21.6 now but before it was normally basicly 25.

You didn't mention your morphology in your post ,didn't they give you any results for that?
    Your count is actually fine and if your morphology is good then there would be hope you could get your motility higher.

How long have you been trying to conceive for?

best of luck anyways

Hi

heres some info below on what is normal for a sperm test

Semen Analysis - What is normal ?
    volume of ejaculate 2.0 ml or more
    pH 7.2-8.0
    sperm concentration 20 million per ml spermatozoa or more
    total sperm count 40 million per ml spermatozoa per ejaculate or more
    motility 50% or more with forward progression
    morphology 30% or more with normal forms
    vitality 75% or more live,i.e.,excluding dye
    white blood cells fewer than 1 million per ml

You seem to have low motility From what I know they like to See (a) at 25% or more and (b) at the same so that (a) and (b) are equal to a minimum of 50%

My husband had low motility similar numbers to yours and was confirmed by several follow up SA's but now he has very normal/high motilty.

First thing is it takes 3 sperm tests to diagnose a problem as once off could be a fluke etc.

Second thing is it takes 3 months for sperm to be fully mature so if you make changes now you won't see much results for 3-6 months.

I recommended Korean Ginseng 1000mg a day my Dh takes 1500mg (3 tablets)
    CoEnzyme Q10 30mg 3 tablets a day and Vitamin C 1000mg a day and also a multivitamin like wellman etc.
    It's worth noting my husband lost a lot of weight so this could be a factor his b.m.i is 21.6 now but before it was normally basicly 25.

You didn't mention your morphology in your post ,didn't they give you any results for that?
    Your count is actually fine and if your morphology is good then there would be hope you could get your motility higher.

How long have you been trying to conceive for?

best of luck

I talked to doctor as well and he said do another test just in case because motility might be not perfect in first test to analyze the case...so come back in 1 month time..

Also i am trying from almost an year time as well...

Advertisement