Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please give advise!!

Options
  • 15-11-2009 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi my manger has been dismissed and our md who is not a hands on position has gone away on leisure for 6 weeks however no one has replaced the manager and it was agreed that we would all chip in and share her work, problem is all of it is left to me and my job has grown so big recently its hard to manage. The managers wage was 40k a year I earn £8840 for parttime and thats for full accounting up to year end on my own but now most of the resposibilities she had for 40k on top. now we have a person who has little or no resposibilities and is called a sales manager she is on alot more money than myself but for nothing at all.(shes md girlfirends friend) I know she told md she is helping me which is not true at all. I feel im being made a fool of as even the juniors arent on much less than me and i mean pence but im doing everything I cant delegate as they are uncapable of doing the things I have to do even the person who is on alot more than me. Ive been working extra hours to cope but even when i took 1 day off last week i have phone calls asking me to sort things out and also calls to my home number from outside agencies that were given out for me to sort out a problem. I want to quit its that bad. please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

if you're so obviously essential to the company's ability to function, call the MD and explain you can't handle the increased workload on your current hours and pay and ask for an immediate review of your role / salary / title to reflect your current responsibilites OR clarify exactly what is expected of you on your current hours and pay.

You're being taken for a ride and since you appear to be going along with it they're taking advantage of you, stand up for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tinkerbell12

Thanks I know that I am a key asset to the company. Nobody in the office can do even the basics of my job or even knows where to start the only person that did know the basics was the manager who has been dismissed, I also know that It would be difficult to replace me given that I know the ins and outs as my job has grown 10 fold in 2yrs since I started and have had to train myself on new proceedures etc we have had to set up as we do have a bespoke service. I am not sure whether to grind my teeth and bear it for another 4 weeks until md comes back and do it face to face what do you think would be the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

call him and have a chat, state your concerns and see what he has to say, sooner the better.

if they expect you to take out of hours calls then he should be equally willing to do so, the longer this goes on the harder it is to make your case

Advertisement