Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profile from banned xbox.

Options
  • 15-11-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Right, my 360 was banned from live last week and now I just bought a preowned for 100 quid.

Thing is, will it be ok to transfer my profile from the banned one to the legit one without any problems? I know any achievements will be gone, I dont care about that, but will my legit one be banned or flaged for anything? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Right, my 360 was banned from live last week and now I just bought a preowned for 100 quid.

Thing is, will it be ok to transfer my profile from the banned one to the legit one without any problems? I know any achievements will be gone, I dont care about that, but will my legit one be banned or flaged for anything? :confused:

If the "legit" console isn't banned you're fine. Just throw in your hard drive onto new console and recover Gamertag. Should work without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I thought that a banned xbox has a currupt hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Kev. wrote: »
    I thought that a banned xbox has a currupt hard drive

No, what's happening is your banned xbox can no longer "sign" or authenticate your profile/savegame. That is why when you bring your hard drive to the new 360 your profile is "corrupt". It's because the new xbox sees that your profile isn't signed and refuses to load it. This is why you have to recover profile from Xbox live.

Savegames that you loaded on the banned xbox are also no longer signed so the new xbox will also refuse to load them. Savegames that have not been accessed since before your console was banned should load just fine in your new 360.

The unsigned/"corrupted" savegames and profile still work fine in your banned xbox360, but that is the only play they'll work once they become "unsigned"

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Thanks for that

one more question,If I format my banned harddrive and recover my gamertag on it,can I still play single player games on my banned console then transfer my hard drive over to my new console.
    Because I want to play COD on both xboxs so will saves and achievements store on both

Thanks in advance

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Thanks for that

one more question,If I format my banned harddrive and recover my gamertag on it,can I still play single player games on my banned console then transfer my hard drive over to my new console.
    Because I want to play COD on both xboxs so will saves and achievements store on both

Thanks in advance

Cheers

No. You going to delete corrupted profile and the create another corrupted one. no switching between banned console and legit one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Thanks for that

Thanks in advance

Cheers

As docentore said, no you cannot do this. That is the whole point of removing the banned xbox's ability to sign - so you cannot use your banned console to get acheivements and put them on your live profile.

If you half-play a game on the legit xbox, and swap the hard drive over to the banned one then as soon as you load that savegame it'll become unsigned, you will never again be able to play it on the legit xbox. Similarly, any acheivments you get on the banned xbox will stay there because when you bring the hard drive back to the legit xbox it'll be "corrupted" and you will have to recover your profile from Xbox live.

To make things easy, either keep the hard drive on the banned xbox forever, forfeiting savegames, and get another xbox with a hard drive. Or swap the hard drive to your new unbanned xbox and never swap it back.

Advertisement