Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme Pizza

Options
  • 15-11-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Is extreme pizza gone? Kilkenny one isn't listed on the website anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I dunno, haven't got anyhting there in a while. It's very nice n all but way too expensive really. Dominos pizza prob dented them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Yep pretty sure it's closed down. Not really into pizza myself but they did really nice ones, not your usual toppings so that's why I liked it- but obviously wasn't what your usual pizza eaters were into!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Ollchailin wrote: »
    Yep pretty sure it's closed down. Not really into pizza myself but they did really nice ones, not your usual toppings so that's why I liked it- but obviously wasn't what your usual pizza eaters were into!

yeah only get pizza once in a blue moon myself but I did like the selection of toppings they had - shame but of course no shortage of pizza places in KK.

Pity it's true. It was a lovely premises, I'd say a nice few bob invested in it. Hope it's not true but in todays climate not really surprising. They needed to be on a main street like John st and they would have done very well.
    The owner used often be working there, nice friendly American lady and very business like.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

see fleva is closed too...it was a good restaurant.

• Advertisement

pueblo wrote: »

Wow...that is a shocker. It's one of the top restaurants in KK, Mitchelin stars and all the rest I think. In there a few times, very nice but pricey enough. Cafe Sol is better value and similar enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

pueblo wrote: »

Really? O that's a shame, been there a couple of times in the last few months and it always seemed busy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mfitzy wrote: »
    Wow...that is a shocker. It's one of the top restaurants in KK, Mitchelin stars and all the rest I think. In there a few times, very nice but pricey enough. Cafe Sol is better value and similar enough.

There are only 6 restaurants in the Rep. of Ireland with Michelan stars and they are all in Dublin.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

jerseyeire wrote: »
    There are only 6 restaurants in the Rep. of Ireland with Michelan stars and they are all in Dublin.

Well ya know what I mean ;); it was award winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Balls. I really liked their pizzas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I didn't know Fléva did pizzas.

Well what a pity. The Fléva steaks were sublime, as were their pork wantons. A positively delightful place to dine.

As for Extreme Pizza, well you can still order from them here, so presumably the pizza is delivered in a DeLorean.

Ah well. I guess that only leaves us with what, like 368 pizza resturaunts to choose from?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Shame to see fleva is gone. It was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Shame to see fleva is gone. It was quite good.

Is Fleva actually closed? Are we sure about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Purry Cat wrote: »
    Is Fleva actually closed? Are we sure about this?

I rang me mammy - she knows everything!
    She said it closed down last weekend alright. It's a pity, the food in Fleva was always top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

That long ago? I passed it on Sat and it looked the same as it always did:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

I tip my hat to Brettmirl! Fleva has indeed closed its doors, a staff member has just informed me. All very sudden. What a shame, on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Purry Cat wrote: »
    I tip my hat to Brettmirl! Fleva has indeed closed its doors, a staff member has just informed me.

What, my word not good enough??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

never had extreme pizza myself . mostly go to dominos when i order out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I got a pizza out of there a couple of times and didn't care for them at all. It was in a rubbish location - a dark side street with little passing trade so they'd have been depending more on the take-out trade I'd have thought. Dominos is in a more open location where cars can easily drive in and out from the front yard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ah yes, but extreme did do the best pizza in town although the price was also a bit extreme. Don't care for dominos, in my opinion Mizzoni do the best deals in particular the Tuesday/Thursday deals.

• Advertisement

It was a bit pricey truth be told. Meal deals were pretty limited and location poor as noted. Still, sad to easy any business close :(

mfitzy wrote: »
    It was a bit pricey truth be told. Meal deals were pretty limited and location poor as noted. Still, sad to easy any business close :(

Yeah, agree totally, after I lost my job there in March, I don't look at business closures the same any more and I feel blessed to have a job after six months on the rock n'roll.

Advertisement