Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Few Questions for an electrican.

• 15-11-2009 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'd be greatful if an electrican could answer a few questions for me,

Where is it best to locate the Earth Rod as close to the fuse board as posible or anywhere around the house boundry I see in many houses it is bellow the ESB meter cabinet, is the cable unbroken between fuse board and earth rod or does it earth the esb meter aswell and what size cable should be used.

What size earth cable should be used to bond copper cylinder, pipes and taps back to fuse board

What size cable should be used to bring mains from meter cabinet to fuse board.

How many double socket outlet's should be on a radial circut

How many light's should be on a radial circut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

The ideal location of rod for domestic depends on soil conditions etc.(There's no testing of earth electrode resistance required for TN-C-S).The connection to rod is unbroken
    For 16sq supply main earths are 10sq.
    For 12Kva supply tails are 16sq,for enhanced they should be 25sq.
    There doesn't seem to be a number of lighting points specified (per circuit) in new rules,If loading isn't an issue ,zoning will take precedence.2 circuits minimum for domestic anyhow.

Advertisement