If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a decent 42"

Options
  • 15-11-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what my best options are for a 42" on a budget of max €700.

The main use for it wil be SD viewing and dvd's, no HD viewing needed. I do have an unused dish so if built in Freesat was an option that might be good.

Let me know what you think the best options may be.

Thanks,
    Declan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Declan 8

You may want to consider this - the 42PFL5604H 1080p Full HD LCD TV
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5604h_12/42pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Have a look at the spec as it sounds ideal for you - all our 42" LCD TV's are Full HD.

It also has the MPEG 4 tuner on board so when RTE go live with over the air didgtal broadcasting the TV is ready to receive the transmissons - they are testing them at the moment.

It will do a great job with SD NTL/UPC and Sky Digital plus DVD playback.

We sell this instore for €749.99 but using your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount its yours for only €674.99 with a two year warranty.

Give me a bell on (01) 474 0788 if you would like to discuss this TV.
    cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Ashley,

My brother in law is looking for something like this with a stand (the glass cabinet style as opposed to the foot stand which sits on a coffee table) and a decent BlueRay player.

What sort of deal can you offer him? He has cash burning a hole in his pocket and ready to buy. He was going to head up to Newry but I intervened and said it would make more sense to get a deal from you boys.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Thanks for the reply Ash, I will have to pop into a store somewhere to have a look at this set in the flesh, it does appear nice in the doc.

On a side note, does anyone on here know if the Pana 42x10 from the richersounds store will work in southern ireland or is it just for the UK. I have seen this in store and liked the look of it and it's a savage price considering the fx rate these days.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42x10/pana-txp42x10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Declan.

Unfortunately as you will read in other posts, the pana's are mad short on supply at the mo with no stock looking likely for another week or two.

The LG plasma's have been kicking the heels of the Pana's as they are 600Hz like the Pana PDP panels but at a much more sensible price. eg. The LG 42 PQ3000 is £499.95 compared to the 100Hz pana and the LG is MPEG4 compatible.

The 42LF7700 is going up to £599 and this is the LCD model with freesat. Currently they don't have a freesat plasma and if you are using it with standard def, I personally would recommend the plasma as it has a faster response time and more natural picture processing.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Thanks for the response Dave.

So how long would I have to wait on the Panasonic 42x10 as I think it would be my preferred option.

Is there much of an queue in there??

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Declan_8.

At the moment the their are over 5 customers waiting on these with no incoming date on the screens.:(

You could be waiting until the New Year for free stock on the 42X10.

Are you sure that the screens detailed in the posts above would not suit?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.