Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it better to organise class parties yourself

Options
  • 15-11-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

i was just wondering if its better to organise class parties urself or does it work out better if you go through ents... i was thinking of cutting out the middle man n doin it meself but i was thinkin maybe ents get special discounts that make it work out cheaper. ive already got concessions for the nightclub organised an all thats left is food and transport...

has anyone tried it both ways that could let me know... and pm me the any good cheap coach company's numbers or websites if you have them... cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cut out the ent, all they do is make it more expensive imo. As for food and transport, the golden pages is your friend for transport. You'll just have to get ringing around and play the companies off each other and that may work out. Bear in mind some of them mightn't want to take you so it'll be up to you to ensure an appropriate level of behaviour will be maintained to the bus company.

As for food, if you're heading to a city I'd suggest giving Supermacs a call as they usually do good deals for catering for large groups.

Where are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I organised them myself last year, the small (30) size of my class just made it alot easier. Organised the hostel, concessions for the club and transport (which ended up being people driving) and it worked out great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

You certainly can cut out ents which will probably make it cheaper and open up more possibilities for you. However, in saying that, the one thing I will put to you is that if there's trouble on the bus (especially) it'll be you personally as the organiser and main point of contact who has to deal with the shít.

The extra couple of euro mean there are ents crew on the bus, first of all, and, secondly, if there is hassle the company deals with ents who then go to the students rather than directly with the individual students involved, afaik. While having crew on the bus mightn't seem worth it they make sure everyone gets to the destination, but more importantly that everyone is on the bus home again.

I guess going through ents just basically means your ass is more covered if Joe Soap kicks out the back window of the bus and then proceeds to try to sue someone for the torn tissues in his leg as a result of said hooliganism, for example.

Best thing to do is have a chat with ents and take it from there. See what the costs would be from them and see what you can manage yourself. Have fun :)

Advertisement