Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City FM

• 15-11-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I wonder if there are many fans of Dublin City FM (103.2) out there? A question obviously directed at those who live or perhaps work in Dublin and surrounding areas. (I think the transmitter has limited power, probably extending to about a 30-mile radius of the city centre from where they broadcast).
    Anyway, I definitely count myself as a fan (no connections to anyone in the station!). I usually tune in each morning and evening to "Livedrive" which is a traffic-news programme but has two major plusses compared to other rush-hour radio shows...no adds, irritating or otherwise, and quality, non-mainstream music, mostly rock oriented, but also quite varied.
    I say no adds, but for the last couple of weeks they have been playing one add, the same one each time, on the half-hour, and this is the only blot on the horizon; the add is for a product to eradicate toilet smells and it is truly appalling timing if you happen to be having your breakfast at 7:30am or 8:ooam, whatever!
    Anyway, apart from that, I think it is a god-send, a tonic compared to the inane offerings of most other stations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Livedrive is alright.

Used to listen to the Metal Show, but haven't tuned in in a while.

The sound is crap due to the low power. Not their fault, but it sometimes stops me from tuning in.

The rest of the station isn't my cuppa Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 noiseannoys

CUCINA wrote: »
    I say no ads, but for the last couple of weeks they have been playing one add, the same one each time, on the half-hour, and this is the only blot on the horizon; the add is for a product to eradicate toilet smells and it is truly appalling timing if you happen to be having your breakfast at 7:30am or 8:ooam, whatever!
    Anyway, apart from that, I think it is a god-send, a tonic compared to the inane offerings of most other stations.

Yep, Ive heard the ad, I'll point this out to the powers that be!!
    noiseannoys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Yeah, tune in most mornings and evening to catch Livedrive when driving. Its a pretty good show with some decent music.

There use to be an Americana / folky kinda show on Wednesdays night that was pretty good. Not sure if its still running. There was also a Blues one on Sunday evenings if I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Tune into livedrive in the evenings, many a jam has being avoided thanks to those guys.
    Plus i do like there music choices.
    Other then that i wouldn't listen

Advertisement