Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glyder

• 15-11-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

www.glydermusic.com

Just thought I would share this link with anyone who hasn't heard of them??? They're a 4 piece from Ballyknockan, Co Wicklow. They supported Metallica in Marlay Park earlier this year.

IMO, they are the best rock band to come out of Ireland in years. A great distraction from all this XFactor *****.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

They're actually pretty damn good. Overall I'm that much of a fan of Hard Rock but these guys are brilliant. They played really well at 'tallica. I'm glad they got The Sword's place tbh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They're actually pretty damn good. Overall I'm that much of a fan of Hard Rock but these guys are brilliant. They played really well at 'tallica. I'm glad they got The Sword's place tbh :pac:

Went to see em at a gig in The Academy 2 on Friday with a mate. He was like :eek:. He loved em.

There was nobody there though. Weather was c**p, so ye can't really blame anyone for not turning up!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Yeah I thought they played really well at the Metallica gig too. They are a talented bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

They are a really good band. Saw them in marlay park and then again in Freds in Cork, where they were brillant. They did a unreal cover Black Rose that night too. I don't know why these guys aren't that well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Sound lads, good to see them doing so well.

Was really happy to hear they got a slot with Metallica, fair play.

Very old school rock n roll.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Yeah they rock pretty hard all right! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

When i opened for the Pat McManus Band at their album launch i was talking to Bat...told them exactly what everyone is saying here and he was really happy top hear that they had a good response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I saw them at the metallica gig this year; they are more rock than metal so, while it wouldnt be music i'd be into, they are quite good nonetheless. Always great to see irish bands getting the recognition they deserve!

OT: Nemisis, looking at your sig - are you a in jekyl or a fan?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Really like them , they're a cracking band;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I saw them at the metallica gig this year; they are more rock than metal so, while it wouldnt be music i'd be into, they are quite good nonetheless. Always great to see irish bands getting the recognition they deserve!

OT: Nemisis, looking at your sig - are you a in jekyl or a fan?

I am in Jekyl man.

I'm the lead guitar player.

All the best,

Tom - Jekyl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I saw Glyder at Metallica, I didn't think much, though that may be cause I'm not a fan of rock like that, and I was pissed off about Lamb of God pulling out..

Advertisement