Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie / Rock night in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-11-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hey

I'm looking for some suggestions for a good rock/indie/metal club that happening on a Saturday. Fibbers and Bruxelles are off the list as I'm looking for something a little different.
    According to entertainment.ie both the purty Kitchen and Dandelion do Rock n Roll Kareoke but I have a feeling this aint the case. If you know different give me a shout.
    Do Thomas Reads to a rock night? Good rock tunes and a dance floor are important.
    Anyway any suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

yea, thomas reads would be a fairly good bet, downstairs they have rock music playing and a dance floor.
    you could always go to the old faithful whelans or even the village.
    the hub/think tank/mezz venue (whatever the kids are calling it these days) has a rock.indie cover band at weekends and an indie club after.. there are free gigs in there on a sunday too, start round 3 or 4 and they're actually really good, i think they even had jape in there this week!
    will try have a think of a couple more places...

as much as i wasn't a massive fan, i miss being able to just go to dorans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for that. Thomas Reads it may very well be. Havent been to the Mezz in ages. I've heard Pravda might be good either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I really like Pravda, but have been downstairs at Thomas Reads (The Oak) for the past few Saturdays, always fun!

Advertisement