Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The collection thread! *No pic, no post*

• 15-11-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so I figure we should have one thread to show off our collections, be it exculsively megadrive, SNES, Xbox or the whole thing. I'll start off. The pics are on my facebook which theres a link to on my profile. It's not the ideal way to do it but it's the only way I can ATM. But if any nice boardsie wants to steal the pics from there and put em directly here you're more than welcome to and it would be muchly appreciated. So get posting your collections! With pics of course

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Okay, so I figure we should have one thread to show off our collections, be it exculsively megadrive, SNES, Xbox or the whole thing. I'll start off. The pics are on my facebook which theres a link to on my profile. It's not the ideal way to do it but it's the only way I can ATM. But if any nice boardsie wants to steal the pics from there and put em directly here you're more than welcome to and it would be muchly appreciated. So get posting your collections!

Your facebook is on private so we can't see the pics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Make a photobucket account (It's free)
    Upload your pictures
    post the edit (Didn't read the end bit about you not being able to. Doh!)  Would be nice to have one thread where everyones collections are posted. We have a thread in airsoft for the very same thing. You can't post without pictures though. Keeps the whole thread just full of eye candy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bryn wrote: »
    Your facebook is on private so we can't see the pics!

Ah poo, will try sort that out.

o1s1n, can you upload pics from the DSi directly to photobucket? Still no computer :(

Master of the Universe

Ah poo, will try sort that out.

o1s1n, can you upload pics from the DSi directly to photobucket? Still no computer :(

Nope, just didn't realize you were on a the DSi until after I pressed submit :o

Haha tis ok. Facebook should be visible now

• Advertisement

Good idea o1s1n, I'll edit the title so it's no pic no post. (Except for me 'cos I'm cool n stuff :D)

Is my facebook visible BTW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Good idea o1s1n, I'll edit the title so it's no pic no post. (Except for me 'cos I'm cool n stuff :D)

Is my facebook visible BTW?

Yeah it is now. I want that original gameboy :pac:

Master of the Universe

atavan-halen - Your pictures are all now up on my photobucket account. I'll throw em up here in a sec.

\Edit - Posted on behalf of Atavan (Because I'm just that nice :D)

15536_1193094305358_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193094865372_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193092745319_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193093585340_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193093785345_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193094065352_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193094465362_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193094945374_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193095225381_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193095505388_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193095665392_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193096265407_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193096465412_1168412920_3071.jpg

15536_1193096665417_1168412920_3071.jpg

Master of the Universe

Got some kind of order put into my MD and Neo cartridges. They all fit nicely into those Tesco delivery crates. You can fit 39 carts in each one. Tesco let you keep them, I ain't no thief :D

DSC_0297.jpg

And if you look closely..you'll see they're alphabetical! (Apart from the few doubles at the end). This took me longer than I thought it would. Really handy though. No more rummaging through games.

DSC_028911111111111.jpg

Yay! thanks o1s, I owe ya one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A surprising amount of bedrooms on show here in the background!

My games room pics are here on this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055554686&highlight=ciderman%2C+collection

I still haven't tackled the chaos in there, going to raid Tescos for plastic containers and at least sort the controllers and find a better place for the PS2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Nice pix lads, some very nice collections. Does anyone keep account of it all with a list? I've been keeping a record since about 2007 I think, might post it up along with a few newer pic's of my collection or maybe just post a link to my photobucket and you guys can check it out from there.

My Photobucket - http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/Kieran84ire/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The idea of listing all the games, never mind the consoles is a bit daunting, might have a go some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Apologies for quality, all done with camera phone:

Setup1.jpg

Set up at the minute, Ps2 on the left beside the Wii on the Subwoofer, also been used for Gamecube games. Under the Tv, N64 and Dreamcast,
    under that the Ps1. Ps2 games are usually behind the N64/Dreamcast to hide the craziness of wires.

NeoGeo:

NeoGeo.jpg

NeoGeoGames.jpg

Nes:

Nes.jpg

Consoles - Broken Atari Lynx :(, Dingoo A320, N-Gage, GB Advances, DS.

Handhelds.jpg

My personal faves: The kids, otherwise known as Atari 2600's :)

Atari1.jpg

AtariGames2.jpg

Atari2.jpg

Megadrive:

Megadrive2.jpg

Xbox:

Xbox.jpg

• Advertisement

Games (Not usually left out like this, she does her nut as it is :) )

Ps1Dcastn64.jpg

Games.jpg

hey Atariman, I see you have 3 NeoGeo controllers.
    I don't suppose you could see your way to selling me one of them?

Hey Ciderman, I could see my way to swapping you one for any interesting doubles of games etc. you want to get rid of?
    PM me dude ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Just as a matter of interest, atariman, what is the blue box at the bottom of the Atari pics, looks like a giant calculator?

Yea the blue controller is for kids' games, to help learning numbers, letters etc. Took me a while to find one and it's practially brand new. I don't know if Sesame Street were exclusively releasing games for it, but the two I have are Cookie Monster and Ernie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

Took a snap of my hardware collection. Left out doubles, and also managed to leave out my PS1 and Tiger Game.com !

_DSC09011.jpg

atariman wrote: »
    Hey Ciderman, I could see my way to swapping you one for any interesting doubles of games etc. you want to get rid of?
    PM me dude ;)

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm afraid I have no doubles to speak of, sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Giving my credit card a chance to breathe for a few months, so my DC collection is currently in 'hiatus'. Need to fill a good few gaps gameswise and might get another DC at some point (I have my eye on a Treamcast, but not sure I can spare the 200 odd bucks)

The triplets. From let, JP-DC, US-DC and the trusty PAL variant, all hooked to the very first tv I ever owned, bought in Dublin in around 95. Still going strong :D
    DSCF1191.jpg

My US and JP games. Hoping to fill in some gaps here in the new year.
    DSCF1192.jpg

My PAL collection. All 100% working, I've done away with the non operational ones (even after cleaning, although I did manage to save Virtua Fighter 3d and Sword of the Berserk).
    DSCF1193.jpg

My pride and joy. It took me 3 goes to get a boxed copy of Samba. I kept getting waylaid by dishonest people on eBay (I'd get my PayPal payment back, but the 30 odd quid delivery charge was never returned). Opened once to check its contents and that's it. Frankly, I think the middle aged spread is now too much to be hurling myself around the sitting room shaking my maracas.

Underneath that are the MC Steering wheel (that I just can't get a handle of, so need to spend some time over Xmas) and the 4 DCs I've currently got. 3 boxes are empty (see first pic) and the 4th is in a bit of a state. My nephew has a 5th (box and all) and like I said, I'll probably get a few more next year.
    DSCF1194.jpg

The rest of my knick knacks, guns, controllers, fishing rod (anyone ever played Soul Calibur with a fishing rod, it rocks!) and various bits and bobs. No idea why I own 2 DC cables though!
    DSCF1195.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Here is my megadrive collection!!!

• Advertisement

Mega cd games............

Master system.

I will do some more tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭joekickass345

hey atart haven
    do you want to sell any of your nes games
    let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I recently posted my collection, but Ive done it with photbucket now for easier viewing. Ive listed duplicate/alternate consoles together to avoid cluttering.

No new additions since last time - http://s938.photobucket.com/home/enter1701/allalbums

Fred83 wrote: »

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

EnterNow wrote: »
    I recently posted my collection, but Ive done it with photbucket now for easier viewing. Ive listed duplicate/alternate consoles together to avoid cluttering.

No new additions since last time - http://s938.photobucket.com/home/enter1701/allalbums

Nice man. Like how you have loads of boxes for the stuff too, I have like one box I think, well done :D

Augmerson wrote: »
    Nice man. Like how you have loads of boxes for the stuff too, I have like one box I think, well done :D

Cheers, I guess for me in a werid way having a box for the console/game makes it a more complete item. Its a curse though, as boxed items generally go for more...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cheers, I guess for me in a werid way having a box for the console/game makes it a more complete item. Its a curse though, as boxed items generally go for more...

Yeah it's a bit more to fork out for a boxed console alright, I guess it's worth it though. I've moved around a bit and lost alot of the boxes I had and after awhile, I thought there was no point collecting any more boxes because I kept losing or destroying them. The other problem was storing them :/ *goes back to pic's and drools*

Master of the Universe

Parents attics are great for storing empty boxes :pac:

God help them if the place ever goes on fire. The roof will be a raging firestorm.

Speaking of boxes, I just dug out the one for my ps1 1180 analog pad. It still has the instruction manual too.

Cha-ching!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Parents attics are great for storing empty boxes :pac:

God help them if the place ever goes on fire. The roof will be a raging firestorm.

Speaking of boxes, I just dug out the one for my ps1 1180 analog pad. It still has the instruction manual too.

Cha-ching!!!

I've never even seen that for sale anywhere, what does the bidding start at?

• Advertisement

I hate boxes, just means a game is just in the collection for staring at, instead of playing.
    Honestly, I don't really care about the monetary value of a game, just the value I get from playing it, or knowing I have a game series I really like complete, doesn't really enter into the equation if it has/has not got a box.
    Of course this is only really of consideration with carts as most disk based games seem to have boxes made of spaceage stuff called plastic, instead of the woodpulp derived cardboard Nintendo insisted on wrapping their stuff up to the GC.
    And even then the jap GC stuff came with nifty little cardboard slip cases around the clamshell.

The Saturn boxes are pants. All 3 of mine are falling apart :( Why couldn't we have had the nice plastic ones like the US or Japan?

I like to have the boxes for things, makes it feel complete or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just a cart feels like a used pair of underpants, every game needs a little home

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I hate boxes, just means a game is just in the collection for staring at, instead of playing.
    Honestly, I don't really care about the monetary value of a game, just the value I get from playing it, or knowing I have a game series I really like complete, doesn't really enter into the equation if it has/has not got a box.
    Of course this is only really of consideration with carts as most disk based games seem to have boxes made of spaceage stuff called plastic, instead of the woodpulp derived cardboard Nintendo insisted on wrapping their stuff up to the GC.
    And even then the jap GC stuff came with nifty little cardboard slip cases around the clamshell.

Couldnt disagree with you more Ciderman...as usual :)

The likes of Zelda 3 for the Snes came with a lovely box, and a map of hyrule and assorted parfanelia. For me as a kid, that was pure magic on christmas day...looking at all the places the game would take me etc. Some games' box are pretty generic though. But I feel the same with consoles, it just makes the whole package complete.

Master of the Universe

I've never even seen that for sale anywhere, what does the bidding start at?

I have no idea, that's the problem! It's very hard to gauge the price of something when there are no comparisons at all...although I guess that's a good thing too heh

Just took some pics for anyone interested in having a look. (Box haters and completists can leave now!..I'm looking at you, Ciderman! ;))

The only problem with it is one corner seems to be a bit white..and there are some very light scuffs on front, but other than that it's like it just came off a shelf in store -

controllerbox.jpg

controller2.jpg

boxandinstructions.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

Just like 1995 :cool: Nice find!

Actually this is the best damn PS pad ever! The NeGcon by Namco!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon
    I championed in Wipeout, Wipeout 2097, Need for Speed series and Gran Turismo with this puppy.
    It is probably the only controller I own a box to, given that when I bought my 4th PS I wanted to relive the bliss, and it came with a box I never got around to throwing out!

Could be worth a few bob in years to come I suppose, but I'm not for selling, at any time I could get the urge to play Need for Speed again, and I'll come a callin for the NeGcon!

Pity then that the JoGcon sucked, I have one of those too, awful thing, consept never worked, it's amazing that this thing got past the prototype stage at all.

Regarding the analog pad for the PS though, sure we all had one or two of those, never knew they'd become valuable!
    I reckon I can lay my habds on one yet, although it has no box.
    They were a bit too light for me, and I seem to remember they were quickly eclipsed by the release of the dualshock, around the time of GT and Ape Escape

Master of the Universe

Actually this is the best damn PS pad ever! The NeGcon by Namco!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon
    I championed in Wipeout, Wipeout 2097, Need for Speed series and Gran Turismo with this puppy.
    It is probably the only controller I own a box to, given that when I bought my 4th PS I wanted to relive the bliss, and it came with a box I never got around to throwing out!

Could be worth a few bob in years to come I suppose, but I'm not for selling, at any time I could get the urge to play Need for Speed again, and I'll come a callin for the NeGcon!

I've wanted one of them for a while. That swivel section seems really interesting.
    Regarding the analog pad for the PS though, sure we all had one or two of those, never knew they'd become valuable!
    I reckon I can lay my habds on one yet, although it has no box.
    They were a bit too light for me, and I seem to remember they were quickly eclipsed by the release of the dualshock, around the time of GT and Ape Escape

They were only on sale for a very limited period in 1997, with little mention in the media. And as you said, they stopped making them because of the pending release of the Dual Shock.

I only ever remember reading about them in one Playstation mag around that era. And then my memory muddled them up with the standard Dual Shock.

They're quite valuable because very few people actually bought one. And a lot of people prefer the longer handles than the short Dual Shock ones.

Well, I was selling them in Gamesworld at the time and they were the next big thing accordingto the Sony reps!
    The Dualshock was not to make it to our shores at all and we were to make do with the analog only doohickey instead,
    for a while they were bundled with consoles as well, I think, and quite a few were sold as well, especially to use with the likes of Need For Speed III, Gran Turismo, I think Toca was also compatible with it, and rumble was some untouchable thing only the japanese could have :(
    Then there was a big switch and the Dualshock arrived, to wide spread acclaim and flew off of the shelves, not literally but, well, you know...

They were great days I tells ya!

I'll definitely have to get one of those controllers before their true value becomes known!

I'll pop up pics of some of my stuff tonight :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement