Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The collection thread! *No pic, no post*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Thanks for the memories guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Kevster wrote: »
    Thanks for the memories guys :)

Sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I prefer Elaine Page's memory instead... ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

EnterNow wrote: »
    Couldnt disagree with you more Ciderman...as usual :)

The likes of Zelda 3 for the Snes came with a lovely box, and a map of hyrule and assorted parfanelia. For me as a kid, that was pure magic on christmas day...looking at all the places the game would take me etc. Some games' box are pretty generic though. But I feel the same with consoles, it just makes the whole package complete.

I still have the boxed game,with the manuel and map in top condition. I wonder would it be worth a lot in years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Xluna wrote: »
    I still have the boxed game,with the manuel and map in top condition. I wonder would it be worth a lot in years to come.

Yeah I managed to buy it again years later after selling all of my stuff years ago. I wouldnt think it will be worth "a lot" per say, but it will be worth as much as a very popular but unrare snes game will be worth.

Mine has the little black book of secrets you can "consult" if your stuck :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't have a box for A Link to the Past, but have the map and booklet.

Considered getting the map framed. Would look pretty cool.

So here's a few pics, not everything but am currently sorting out stuff and re-organising my games. Will post up more pics in a while. I wont put the pics directly here as they're very big :P

N64 + games

Genesis + Games

Megadrive 1 & 2 + Games

Original Gameboy + Games

Gameboy Color + Game

Gameboy advances, SP and Micros + Games

DSi & DS + Games

Saturn + Games

That's all for the moment :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is, of course, a handful of games that are only complete with the box and other additions, Castlevania SOTC is all well and good on XBLA, but why settle for that when the PS original with the art book and the soundtrack disk are so much better, same for Zelda on the Snes, same especially with Super Metroid and it's awesome guide book.
    But, nevertheless, the regular run of the mill Snes game cam in lousy cardboard packaging with forgettable instruction manuals and suffer little from only being owned as a cart.
    At least Sega were good enough to provide robust clam shells for their titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    the regular run of the mill Snes game cam in lousy cardboard packaging with forgettable instruction manuals and suffer little from only being owned as a cart.

Well Im afraid thats all Nintendo gave us, so unless you like shelves of loose carts (which I dont), then there is no other genuine option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Did some organising last night while on a 2-can red bull trip..... my OCD is out of control!

Click for larger if you cant read the games

A0B74E10CDAD436A8D26966EF4EF1834-800.jpg

237AB3980D1B4193BF22B8FCDFE31B72-800.jpg

FEE60C389BB54F7AA7A6F7146328003C-800.jpg

105EA59B733E4B5A99CAEE97DF851DA9-800.jpg

E753FB0E309F4D7AB92B89AF87273E85-800.jpg

DA69B855E48447E8AC8CFBE3FE81F18B-800.jpg

A7E9C17FAD00473B897A74DD75C62A3F-800.jpg

C9BC1386CFB9408CB30885B00360325C-800.jpg

4AA44EF1BBF14CDA8753771D29EE8EC4-800.jpg

0B4425A6727C424BBD4CD8C7954A8432-800.jpg

CFB31C205CF54506826272C6DEC82017-800.jpg

68796C1560654ECBB5C33444A7C3E2D6-800.jpg

D4D92CA0238B4B16A228B878F80A9C46-800.jpg

Master of the Universe

Niiiice! a bit of OCD is good for the soul ;)

Actually, Logie, is there any chance we could have this thread stickied please? It would be nice to have at the top of the forum.

Very nice tallon! Saturn and MD are a bit dusty though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

110364.jpg

110365.jpg

110366.jpg

110367.jpg

Dug out some of the old PCB jamma collection today... deffinately not OCD :D

YW Tallon, the unfortunate thing is that due to pending redindancy I'v had to put them up on Adverts.ie http://adverts.ie/211395 :(

Master of the Universe

Sorry to hear that man :(

At 400 euro it's all a steal. If I were you I'd be looking for more.

• Advertisement

Cheers o1s1n, I know it is worth more, Bobble Bobble cost me 100.00 notes alone a few years ago, but bills must be paid hence the low price for a quick sale :( Anyway the Adverts mods would kill me if I raised the price now (not literally :D )

Anyway the Adverts mods would kill me if I raised the price now (not literally :D )

They wouldn't, if is mispriced they would let you do it, just drop them a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

whoever got a permenant marker and wrote €4 on the front of that bust a move box should die in a fire :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hey Tallon, nice pink PSP!
    Is that for your more sensitive, feminine moments? Playing dating sims and the like whilst waiting on your nail polish to dry? ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hey Tallon, nice pink PSP!
    Is that for your more sensitive, feminine moments? Playing dating sims and the like whilst waiting on your nail polish to dry? ;)

Oh no, thats not pink, it's very very very very VERY light Red

• Advertisement

More of a tip than look what I gots.

I've recently discovered that those plastic business card/playing card boxes are ideal for GB and GBA cart storage.

SDC10558.jpg

SDC10559.jpg

More of a tip than look what I gots.

I've recently discovered that those plastic business card/playing card boxes are ideal for GB and GBA cart storage.

Really cool, where do you get them?

I don't know actually :P My mam just had a few in work.

After having a quick google, I only found 1 site but they sell them in bulk packs of 150.

mate you have one of those things dedicated to pokemon, wtf

Well erm in case you haven't noticed, I am partial to the odd spot of pokémon every now and again.

*Runs off to take pics of Pokéstuff*

ya but 8 copies of the first gen games :P

Oh yeah...a bit much?

only a little.

*Warning large image*

SDC10560.jpg

Master of the Universe

I get the impression Atavan likes Pokemón.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

orly.gif

*Attack of the large images!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

o1s1n wrote: »

One might suggest he has in fact 'caught them all'

I didn't see a Pokemon Mini console there, not quite the Pokemon fan you claim, are you???
    Unless you can't allow it to be photographed for religious reasons, or something.

I have the aforementioned little console and very nifty it is too, some rare stuff on it too, but very hard to find, coz it rare like, especially the Pokemon tetris game for it, hmmm, how I want it for mine!

Just reading through the thread and thought I'd throw up a few pictures of my brother's stuff.

He started getting in the old Retro collecting about a year and a half ago. He's about 80% through finishing this room to display/store stuff that he wants to collect and play.

His wife isn't overly happy. :p

img7926qg.jpg

img7932b.jpg

img7944o.jpg

img7957u.jpg

img7962.jpg

img7965j.jpg

img7966y.jpg

img7969n.jpg

img7971o.jpg

img7972s.jpg

img7973.jpg

img8005c.jpg

img8007.jpg

img8008a.jpg

Wow, that is one of the most organised/neatest collections I've ever seen! Awesome!

Master of the Universe

Wow! that's absolutely amazing. If I were you I'd be living at your brothers house :D

Here's a pic of my games room to show you the current horror ..it's such a mess! :( Most of the games are stored away in that wardrobe too..and the rest is in my parents house. In stacks of those green Tesco crates.

Ah well, shouldn't be complaining, I'm lucky to have a room for all this stuff.

(Best Cher voice) If I could turn backkkkkkk time, I'd go back and ask the letting agency not to put that spare bed in the apartment!

gamesroom1.jpg

gamesroom2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I really must get some mint boxed megadrives, anybody got one going?

Master of the Universe

You can pick up that PAL asian one that KKV's brother has on ebay for cheap enough. I think there must have been a warehouse of them found. I see them all the time up there completely boxed and new.

KKV, seems to be a certain amount of OCD in the cleanliness of that there gamesroom, he doesn't iron his socks and fold them away, colour coded does he?
    Still, a fantastic room indeed, not the most stuff I've seen, but the best presented by far.

And o1s1n, that dinky little room is more my speed, at least everything is within easy reach!

• Advertisement

Hey again guys,

Brother is obviously aware of this thread (and has just joined boards).

Regarding the boxed MegaDrive, he said he got it for around €30 (excluding P+P) from eBay. The guy he got it from said he could charge an extra €10 for additional packaging for it during transit, and it's worth paying.

Without the additional €10, the guy just sticks it in some parcel paper. Whilst it still arrives in good nick, I'd rather pay the extra €10 and get it in an actual box in perfect condition.

He's still collecting stuff and has a few more bits and bobs he wants to pick up (Neo Geo, NES, etc.) but wanted to say thanks an awful lot for the excellent comments and kind words about the collection.

Cheers guys!

Tell him to post here so we can drool over his collection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

That is a nice set up. I take it the Master System was his console of choice growing up?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

First time on boards, Kkv's brother, yeah I loved the master system, still do, Alex Kidd in Miracle world was the first console game i completed, Its only two weeks ago since I fitted the room out, id been threatining to do it for a long time!!

Alex the Kidd is my fav game of all time, I played that thing for hours.
    If my mam would take away my games, I would play it since she didnt know it was built in...

I still need a master System though :(

Anyone got one?

Master of the Universe

The big question from me is - how the hell did you convince your wife to let you do all that? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

Wasnt hard, the room was just full of consoles, dvd's cd's etc.. with no storage, it was a big mess, at one stage you couldnt open the door to get in! So, as im not working much at the moment, I got off my ass bought the materials and spent one long saturday fitting it out, shes much happier now because its neat and tidy, i even gave her a press (with a door) for storing make up etc:)

Wow, that's a cool shelving unit, everything fits perfectly on it! Very nice.

*MegaDrive + MegaCD1 - Want!!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Thanks! I just sold my other megadrive+Megacd1 I had a load of them as I testing my original one.

Ah cool! Well if you ever have another spare MCD1 you know where I am ;)

photo0116tn.jpg

photo0117.jpg

couple of shots of the snes collection since everything i bought has arrived, bar final fantasy 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

right said id take a few pics of all my stuff

I've only been collecting less than a year now but i think I've goten a fair bit of stuff together in that space of time. Every game on the shelves os complete and in very good - mint condition too

DSCN2034.jpg
    DSCN2035.jpg
    DSCN2036.jpg
    DSCN2037.jpg
    DSCN2038.jpg
    DSCN2039.jpg
    DSCN2040.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg
    DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg
    DSCN2049.jpg
    DSCN2050.jpg
    DSCN2051.jpg
    DSCN2052.jpg

ben noone thought i had one of these too

DSCN2053.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of all the stuff hooked up to my tv, cba takin more now though

• Advertisement
Advertisement