Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best or peoples favourite Face Mask

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Guess this is a good place to ask being the reviews section...

At the moment I'm wearing a cheap Mesh facemask.
    (Not actually at the moment! but when I've skirmished)
    Its not the most comfortable thing in the world, and some bits broke off and went missing today so had to switch to a back up....the backup being an identical mask.

I'm wondering what people find the most comfortable when it comes to face protection.

I've no problems with just saftey glasses but in some situations where your up close and personal I think I would
    prefer full face protection. and a scarf around the gob or a neoprene condom over my head just wont cut it.

I tend to prefer mesh over Lens but after a head shot today where a bb hit the mesh I noticed I got a bit of dirt in my eye, which is making me question mesh style masks.

Looking at getting something new (for any future skirmishes I will goto) and looking for something thats
    comfortable and not ugly.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Personally, TM Pro-mask. And please don't cheat yourself and buy the clone. Have been using my pro-mask for over a year now. Comfortable, full face protection, great for night games. However, there are a few drawbacks. One, the fan. On the low setting, because it's so quiet, you sometimes would leave it on by mistake. Two, the len DOES fog if you don't look after it. I would normally give it a good clean on the inside, then I would either use swimming goggle anti-fog or simply washing-up liquid and a quick wipe. Full day gaming, no problems.

Going back to the clones, I have seen a few and they do fall apart. Especially the selector switch and the battery covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I prefer the mesh. Any time I've used the plastic lens it fogs up, tried the washing up thing and it didn't really work for me.

Out doors I wouldn't be as worried about full face protection, but in the Warehouse I definitely would wear it. Another reason I like the mesh masks are they're smaller than the full face lens ones I've used. I can't look down my iron sights with plastic one's. The mask is bulky and bumps off the stock. The mesh one's don't come out as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Personally I use the sansei type airsoft mask with some cable ties to keep the mesh googles attached to the mask. Although I have heard very good things about bitter end googles so may be moving on to them in time. http://www.st6-airsoft.com/stamped_steel_goggles.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

bullets wrote: »

I tend to prefer mesh over Lens but after a head shot today where a bb hit the mesh I noticed I got a bit of dirt in my eye, which is making me question mesh style masks.

~B
    There was testing done (it can be found on arnies searching 'mesh goggle tests' iirc, where bbs were shot at mesh masks, and the number of shards that passed through, without even marking the mesh itself, was astounding... i'm horridly paranoid about the concept of mesh over my eyes.... i play a lot of urban, and bbs tend to fragment on concrete sometimes, I personally stick to lenses, religiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Yeah I think I saw the arnies article a while back where they
    had like powdered BB's where stuff had got through masks,
    My eyes and my teeth I would like to keep so I reckon I may go
    looking for something a bit better than what I had been using.

This one is tempting me:
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=588
    But I will wait and casually browse sites to see all options.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭faddius

Hande Hoche I just bought some Bitter End Madd Dogg goggles so will give review next week when they arrive and have a test. Need quick Kryloning to OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sounds good,looking forward to your review. Nice bit of kit you got yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I use the Sansei type mask as well. Not had any issues with it and not noticed shards of BBs coming at my eyes although I wear glasses under the mesh so that may be why. I recently got a TM Pro mask (not a chinese copy) and it seems pretty good. Not skirmished it yet but it is comfy (wore it watching the simpsons recently to check the fit long term). Will re-post when I have skirmished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Firekitten wrote: »
    There was testing done (it can be found on arnies searching 'mesh goggle tests' iirc, where bbs were shot at mesh masks, and the number of shards that passed through, without even marking the mesh itself, was astounding... i'm horridly paranoid about the concept of mesh over my eyes.... i play a lot of urban, and bbs tend to fragment on concrete sometimes, I personally stick to lenses, religiously.

A very fair point and something that usually puts people of mesh.

I've been using bitter ends now for sometimes and had them in Berget, Pr3 and numerous other games.

I give people the benefit of the doubt that they wont use **** BB's, however thats very nieve of me.

I havn't had any incidents in relation to shards passing through, but I can see how it might happen.

I hate fullface with a passion, but the only ones I'd use if I had too was something made by Scott or I have this one I bought of boards from some guy, I'll post a pic, stupidly comfortable and just will not fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

TheDoc wrote: »
    I hate fullface with a passion, but the only ones I'd use if I had too was something made by Scott or I have this one I bought of boards from some guy, I'll post a pic, stupidly comfortable and just will not fog.

I wouldn't touch a Scott. I had one that fogged like mad at every excuse and after only a half dozen uses or so already had a load of holes in it. Mine spalled into my mouth on a BB hit and I believe a BB went right through one into evilrobotshanes mouth once.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I used to use a sensai mask aswell but i noticed a substantial dent in the mesh from a shot that was maybe 20-30ft away at the time. It didnt penatrate the mask but i couldnt really use it with any confidence after that since if it got hit in the same place its likely to puncture.
    I started making my own mesh goggles (like the bitter ends) for myself and team members out of a 1mm thick HSS mesh with 2mm perforations fitted to "wrap around" sunglasses type frames. It stood up to the beatings much better than the Sensai mask and the frames themselves are soft and flexible so they cant crack or shatter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Firekitten wrote: »

Which lenses/goggles do you use or reccommend FK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Personally,100% Bitter Ends mesh + a comforter/wrap
    depending on the game.
    For evenings/dusk, just amber shooting glasses.
    Almost every glass/poly goggles/mask I tried always fogged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Vents%20cylus.jpg

I do love the Vents goggles and they fit over glasses, currently the best non-fog non-mesh goggles ive found so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

wow, that's some discrete branding right there

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IR240474

k99_64 wrote: »
    Vents%20cylus.jpg

I do love the Vents goggles and they fit over glasses, currently the best non-fog non-mesh goggles ive found so far....

Where did you get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

IR240474 wrote: »
    Where did you get this?

I got it off corkairsoftshop, but doesnt look like they have any left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

I ordered Scott from Hobbytron, but got totally different mask:mad:

AirsoftGunAccessoryMaskScottVoltageXPSCVOLTAGEXP.html

Advertisement