Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palestinians to seek UN endorsement of indepedant state

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

eamo127 wrote: »
    Palestine as an entity exists only as a terrorist state, cannon fodder for the arab states (and of course Irelands) psychopathic hatred of Jews. Why else won't the surrounding arab states absorb the so-called palestinian people? Because they make great suicide bombers, especially against women and kids eating in restaurants.

Of course, the UN will support this 100% - any anti-Israel doctrine is automatically supported by the jew-hating UN.

Is this boards.ie or foxnews.com? Your lack of understanding of the situation is either humerous or slightly disturbing. I'm not sure which yet.

The UN does not hate Jews. You're going to have to come at this from another angle. If you bother to continue your attempt to label anyone who criticises Israel as Jew haters, you're not going to be taken seriously. That angle is tired and worn out by now by the Zionist lobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eamo127

ei.sdraob wrote: »

im sorry but im getting rather pissed now

Good - I'm always glad when a terrorist sympathiser is pissed.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Is this boards.ie or foxnews.com? Your lack of understanding of the situation is either humerous or slightly disturbing. I'm not sure which yet.

The UN does not hate Jews. You're going to have to come at this from another angle. If you bother to continue your attempt to label anyone who criticises Israel as Jew haters, you're not going to be taken seriously. That angle is tired and worn out by now by the Zionist lobby.

Foxnews, zionist lobby!! No attempt to label anyone there - no sireee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Good - I'm always glad when a terrorist sympathiser is pissed.

im a terrorist sympathiser now :rolleyes:

wow just wow

quick call Jack Bauer

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    im a terrorist sympathiser now

wow just wow

quick call Jack Bauer

Well, if you support the Palistenians in their quest for an independent state, then, by definition you are a terrorist supporter. Just look at that country - murals of grotesque sucide bombers all over the place. Look at their leaders, hamas in the gaza strip, and Abbas in the west bank (the butcher of Munich). They celebrate terrorist acts, their kids are indoctrinated to hate the Jews. To believe otherwise is to be blind to the truth, or a western liberal. I'm sorry that your heros are baby killing terrorists.

Cheers ;)

• Advertisement

Well, if you support the Palistenians in their quest for an independent state, then, by definition you are a terrorist supporter.

No it doesn't.
    Just look at that country

Yes, it is divided and under heavy economic blockades. It has lack of basic water supplies and energy. It is routinely being infringed upon by illegal Israeli settlements. Not to mention, it is under routine attack from Israel that has seen 1000's of dead Palestinians, compared to only a handful of dead Israelis.
    I'm sorry that your heros are baby killing terrorists.

3 Israeli civilians died during the Gaza war. Over 900 Palestinian civilians died. 313 of which were children.

What was that you were saying about baby killing terrorists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Eamo you dont make a very good troll

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Eamo you dont make a very good troll

Doesn't matter - It doesn't surprise that an Irish forum would give me an infraction for speaking up for Israel. The anti-Israel fanatics will stop at nothing to silence their critics. Maybe if I replace my references to Palestinian 'terrorists' to 'freedom fighters', I'd probably be welcome to post here.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Doesn't matter - It doesn't surprise that an Irish forum would give me an infraction for speaking up for Israel. The anti-Israel fanatics will stop at nothing to silence their critics. Maybe if I replace my references to Palestinian 'terrorists' to 'freedom fighters', I'd probably be welcome to post here.:D

Are you being sarcastic or for real? Can't tell :confused:

You will find trolling aint welcome in many forums no matter where they are based.

• Advertisement

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic or for real? Can't tell :confused:

Hard to tell with trolls tbh,probably couldnt give a **** about either side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Doesn't matter - It doesn't surprise that an Irish forum would give me an infraction for speaking up for Israel. The anti-Israel fanatics will stop at nothing to silence their critics.

Irish, English, US, Spannish, German etc etc etc forum will all treat you the same way. Your posts would be very welcome in the Giyus (no different to stormfront) forums..... of ye go little man

You're more than welcome to give pro-Israeli posts, but you haven't backed up one iota of what you've said. You've just posted hateful, unfounded comments, and labeled people who support Palestine as Jew-haters. That fact that you are on an Irish forum, has no bearing on any moderation decisions made on here. You weren't infracted for your views on Israel. You were infracted for trolling.

When you're ready to grow up, and discuss the topic on a more mature manner, instead of paragraphs if inaccuracies and hyperbole, I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.

I see you've overlooked my comment on 900+ Palestinian civilians (313 of which were Palestinian children) dieing in the same time span that 3 Israeli civilians died, but yet - you have the audacity to call the Palestinians baby killing terrorists.

Nice try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Going around calling people "terrorist sympathizers" wont win you many friends on this site or any other

Ironically i can say same about you since as we seen last year Israel's war of terror in Gaza is nothing short of terrorism since its main aim was to terrorize people, whose the sympathizer now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It doesn't surprise that an Irish forum would give me an infraction for speaking up for Israel.

If you feel that your political beliefs give you the right to insult other posters, you're on the wrong forum.

As you'll have seen from the infraction you were given, it was not "for speaking up for Israel", but rather for "insulting other Member(s)".

To the people who tried to explain things to you / accused you of trolling...enough of the back-seat modding, thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, if you support the Palistenians in their quest for an independent state, then, by definition you are a terrorist supporter.
    Thats a bit of a leap. The Palestinians have every right to seek sovereignty, just as Tibet or Taiwan does. Thats like me calling the War on Terror haters Terrorist Lovers. They arent. They just dont think thats the way to go about fighting Terror.

That doesnt mean they have the right to claim it through terrorism. I dont think anyone here supports the conflict. If Palestine wants to pursue it diplomatically by seeking UN Endorsement, then more power to them. Better than the bloodied alternative.

Overheal wrote: »
    That doesnt mean they have the right to claim it through terrorism. I dont think anyone here supports the conflict. If Palestine wants to pursue it diplomatically by seeking UN Endorsement, then more power to them. Better than the bloodied alternative.

Pretty much nail on the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They're vetoed at the UN, they receive nothing but lip service from the EU. I don't see where they have a choice.

Nodin wrote: »
    They're vetoed at the UN, they receive nothing but lip service from the EU. I don't see where they have a choice.

Another fair point. It's a lose-lose situation at the moment. The EU won't support them, and Israel continues to land-grab. The clock is ticking and a resolution is needed, soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dlofnep wrote: »
    Another fair point. It's a lose-lose situation at the moment. The EU won't support them, and Israel continues to land-grab. The clock is ticking and a resolution is needed, soon.
    All I can say to that is get the US veto to step down. The only way to do that, is abide by the Negroponte Doctrine. The sooner that is done the sooner we can reach a solution.

...If there is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

All I can say to that is get the US veto to step down. The only way to do that, is abide by the Negroponte Doctrine. The sooner that is done the sooner we can reach a solution.

...If there is one.

I don't see how that doctrine would apply in this case. The doctrine seems to be about resolutions which criticise Israel, and in the case of the Palestinians seeking UN recognition for there aspirations of statehood, the doctine seems largely inapplicable if not completely irrelevant to this case.

So I really do wonder why the US and EU for that matter have opposed the Palestinians on this. It seems that the US and EU "support" for a Palestinian state is just empty words, and that even when the Palestinians try and use peaceful means to achieve there goals, they are opposed all fronts by the US and EU.

Looks to me regardless of the methods the Palestinians use to achieve there goals be the peaceful or violent, they will be opposed either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

wes wrote: »
    I don't see how that doctrine would apply in this case. The doctrine seems to be about resolutions which criticise Israel, and in the case of the Palestinians seeking UN recognition for there aspirations of statehood, the doctine seems largely inapplicable if not completely irrelevant to this case

Do you not see the sad irony that it was a UN resolution which gave the Palestinians what they now want over sixty years ago? You can blame the occupying Arab countries of the time as much as the Jews who settled there having fled Europe for over four decades when they could.

- Current coalition in Israel must be unseated - Is very possible. Lieberman is up on corruption investigation.
    - Fatah and Hamas conflict must be resolved (and no, its nowhere near a satisfactory conclusion. Just ask the opposition in Gaza . . .if you can find them).
    - Settlements must freeze if not cease - Movement to remove unsolicited settlements is substantial but not quite powerful enough with Netan still in prime minister's chair.

Justind wrote: »
    Do you not see the sad irony that it was a UN resolution which gave the Palestinians what they now want over sixty years ago? You can blame the occupying Arab countries of the time as much as the Jews who settled there having fled Europe for over four decades when they could.

It is no more ironic that Israel banging on about a Anti-Semitic UN, or ignoring plenty of resolutions, considering that they claim legitimacy for there state due to a General Assembly Resolution, which are non-binding generally, so the Arab states were well within in there rights to reject it, but the Zionists declared indepedence, which was seen as act of war. Also, why would anyone give up more than half there country, because a bunch of other countries say you should? Would the US or UK give into such a demand? Of course they wouldn't, they would go to war to kick out a invader who wanted to colonise there land.

The Arab states are of course not completely blameless, but what they did, any other country would have done the same.
    I still reckon the major cause of the conflict was Europeans trying to steal other peoples land. Regardless of the rights and wrongs on the creation of Israel, it doesn't really matter in the context of what we are discussing.
    - Current coalition in Israel must be unseated - Is very possible. Lieberman is up on corruption investigation.

The only problem here is that, even with another election, there is no guarantee that any new coalition will be any better than the current.
    - Fatah and Hamas conflict must be resolved (and no, its nowhere near a satisfactory conclusion. Just ask the opposition in Gaza . . .if you can find them).

Well, after Fatah's delaying the Goldstone report discussion in the UN, this seems even more remote than ever. Maybe, if Fatah were to achieve something, than this would change.
    - Settlements must freeze if not cease - Movement to remove unsolicited settlements is substantial but not quite powerful enough with Netan still in prime minister's chair.

Well, the US has pretty much given up on putting any pressure on Israel, so I don't have much hope in this department.

Also, an interesting article on the Israel concensus regarding settlements:
    Analysis: Obama's press on Gilo shows a continued misread of Israel

So its seem what Israeli's consider a settlement differs a great deal, to that of everyone else.

It is no more ironic that Israel banging on about a Anti-Semitic UN, or ignoring plenty of resolutions, considering that they claim legitimacy for there state due to a General Assembly Resolution, which are non-binding generally, so the Arab states were well within in there rights to reject it, but the Zionists declared indepedence, which was seen as act of war. Also, why would anyone give up more than half there country, because a bunch of other countries say you should? Would the US or UK give into such a demand? Of course they wouldn't, they would go to war to kick out a invader who wanted to colonise there land
    The lands were already "invaded". The entire region was occupied by no less than four different nations.
    You can't demand actions on one "non-binding" UN activity and ignore another. If you pish Resolution #181, you can most certainly do the same with a civil rights report on Israel to which China and Saudi Arabia contributed upon.
    The Arab states are of course not completely blameless, but what they did, any other country would have done the same
    Reject the UN?
    I still reckon the major cause of the conflict was Europeans trying to steal other peoples land. Regardless of the rights and wrongs on the creation of Israel, it doesn't really matter in the context of what we are discussing
    It matters when you refer to one UN document and ignore another.
    The only problem here is that, even with another election, there is no guarantee that any new coalition will be any better than the current
    I don't think you realise just how divided Israel is.
    Well, after Fatah's delaying the Goldstone report discussion in the UN, this seems even more remote than ever. Maybe, if Fatah were to achieve something, than this would change
    The conflict between the Islamist Hamas (people who refer to an Israeli as Yehudah - a Jew) and secular Fatah (people who refer to an Israeli as an Israeli) goes way beyond any diversionary discussion of a UN report. How well is the opposition in Gaza doing?
    Well, the US has pretty much given up on putting any pressure on Israel
    No, they haven't.

The lands were already "invaded". The entire region was occupied by no less than four different nations.

None of those other nations wanted to turf out the indigenous population, that was unique to Zionists, who were also colonists.
    You can't demand actions on one "non-binding" UN activity and ignore another. If you pish Resolution #181, you can most certainly do the same with a civil rights report on Israel to which China and Saudi Arabia contributed upon.

What are you talking about? We are talking about 2 very different things. A report and a resolution are 2 completely different things. A report is done to establish the facts of a situation, and a resolution can either be a suggestion (generally a General Assembly resolution) to solve a issue or a binding solution (a Security Council resolution) depending on its type.
    Reject the UN?

No, I was talking about giving away half there country to foreign colonists.

Also, if a UN resolution is non-binding, a country has a right to reject it.
    It matters when you refer to one UN document and ignore another.

Not ignoring anything actually. There is a world of difference between a binding and non-binding resolution. They are not the same, and we shouldn't pretend that they are.

Again, it doesn't really matter anymore, as later binding resolutions have since come into effect.
    I don't think you realise just how divided Israel is.

Well, considering that every single political party that has been power, has engaged in colony building, they most certainly aren't very divided on that issue a whole lot.
    The conflict between the Islamist Hamas (people who refer to an Israeli as Yehudah - a Jew) and secular Fatah (people who refer to an Israeli as an Israeli) goes way beyond any diversionary discussion of a UN report. How well is the opposition in Gaza doing?

About as well as the opposition on the West Bank I would assume, seeing as Hamas members are regularly imprisoned there as well.

Also, Israel refers to themselves as the "Jewish" state, hell they are even trying to make that a condition on the Palestinians. So I often find the condemnation of Hamas in that regard funny, in light of Israel demands on the Palestinians.
    No, they haven't.

Could have fooled me in that regard, seeing as it was dropped a pre-condition by the US a coupe of weeks ago.

None of those other nations wanted to turf out the indigenous population, that was unique to Zionists, who were also colonists
    Yes. All was fine and dandy there before all this. No trouble at all between 'indigenous' and Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, Lebanese and even Iraqis. They were free to roam wherever they wanted and do whatever they wanted . . . :rolleyes:
    What are you talking about? We are talking about 2 very different things. A report and a resolution are 2 completely different things. A report is done to establish the facts of a situation, and a resolution can either be a suggestion (generally a General Assembly resolution) to solve a issue or a binding solution (a Security Council resolution) depending on its type
    With this explanation you are negating the 'Right of Return' for Palestinians.
    A report on Civil Rights by the Chinese and Saudis is akin to taking driving lessons from a cab driver.
    About as well as the opposition on the West Bank I would assume, seeing as Hamas members are regularly imprisoned there as well
    Are you sticking up for what Hamas do in Gaza regarding mysteriously disappearing opposition activists and counsellors?? I know two Fatah members were arrested for involvement with extremist movements. Ever heard of Hamas doing such a thing? The Fatah guys' whereabouts and well-being are still know however. Cross Hamas and you're gone.
    Also, Israel refers to themselves as the "Jewish" state, hell they are even trying to make that a condition on the Palestinians. So I often find the condemnation of Hamas in that regard funny, in light of Israel demands on the Palestinians
    All very undoable once Lieberman and Netan are out. Try reading more than cherry picked media snippets and you'll see how shaky the coalition is. Hence the increase in pace of expansion into East Jerusalem. Getting what they can get done while they still can.
    Could have fooled me in that regard, seeing as it was dropped a pre-condition by the US a coupe of weeks ago.
    Only today have they been publicly admonished by the US for what they're doing.

Yes. All was fine and dandy there before all this. No trouble at all between 'indigenous' and Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians, Lebanese and even Iraqis. They were free to roam wherever they wanted and do whatever they wanted . . . :rolleyes:

What are you on about? I never said the region was perfect, or that there were no other conflicts. I fail to see how the existence of other conflicts is any kind of defence for what the Zionists did.

Ultimately, the fact remains, the creation of the state of Israel directly resulted in hundreds and thousands of people being driven from there homes.
    With this explanation you are negating the 'Right of Return' for Palestinians.
    A report on Civil Rights by the Chinese and Saudis is akin to taking driving lessons from a cab driver.

This is getting silly. Are you honestly saying that a report by the UN, a non-binding resolution from the general assembly, and a binding resolution from the secuiryt council are all the exactly the same? Are you serious?

I was just pointing out the difference, and didn't negate the Palestinians right to return, which is something that is due to all refugee's under international law.
    Are you sticking up for what Hamas do in Gaza regarding mysteriously disappearing opposition activists and counsellors?? I know two Fatah members were arrested for involvement with extremist movements. Ever heard of Hamas doing such a thing? The Fatah guys' whereabouts and well-being are still know however. Cross Hamas and you're gone.

Yeah, and plenty of Hamas guys died under Fatah custody. Both sides are happily killing the other. I am just pointing this out, and don't support either side. Oh, and I have heard of Hamas taking care of extremist movements, there was a pretty big gun battle with one such movement not too long ago btw.
    All very undoable once Lieberman and Netan are out. Try reading more than cherry picked media snippets and you'll see how shaky the coalition is. Hence the increase in pace of expansion into East Jerusalem. Getting what they can get done while they still can.

I am well aware of the the coalition shakyness, but I don't see how the other 2 likely candidates to replace it is any better, either a Kadima led coalition or a Labour one, both whom has engaged in colonial expansion, and you know the people behind operation cast lead.
    Only today have they been publicly admonished by the US for what they're doing.

Israel was admonished by the Bush admin as well from time to time for stuff like this. The US backed down on this, when they dropped the issue as a pre-requisite for peace talks. The US offers empty words once again and won't back it up with any action. This was all over the news, and was a huge turnabout for the US at the time.

**EDIT**
    You can read more about it here:
    US drops demand for Israeli settlement freeze

So, I don't see any point in denying the obvious here, seeing as how well reported the story was and everything.

What are you on about? I never said the region was perfect, or that there were no other conflicts. I fail to see how the existence of other conflicts is any kind of defence for what the Zionists did
    I havent justified any displacement of Arabs in the region either.
    You make out like it was some sort of utopianm, peaceful region upturned by one group of people.
    Ultimately, the fact remains, the creation of the state of Israel directly resulted in hundreds and thousands of people being driven from there homes
    The two-states solution (the subject of this thread) was on offer but was thrown out. Now its wanted.
    Maybe if European countries (this one included) had treated Jews as normal human beings over the ages, they wouldnt have felt the need for increased flight elsewhere?
    This is getting silly. Are you honestly saying that a report by the UN, a non-binding resolution from the general assembly, and a binding resolution from the secuiryt council are all the exactly the same? Are you serious?
    I will never respect the Chinese and Saudi govts preaching civil rights. Will you?
    Oh, and I have heard of Hamas taking care of extremist movements, there was a pretty big gun battle with one such movement not too long ago btw
    That was a rival Islamist movement. Thats all. Part of the opposition that I mentioned. The opposition includes competition too. Not just the secular side.
    I am well aware of the the coalition shakyness, but I don't see how the other 2 likely candidates to replace it is any better, either a Kadima led coalition or a Labour one, both whom has engaged in colonial expansion, and you know the people behind operation cast lead
    Lesser of two evils so-to-speak. You cannot deny the settlements in East Jerusalem and some areas of West Bank/Samaria have not increased at a rapid pace under the Bibi/Lieberman govt.
    Israel was admonished by the Bush admin as well from time to time for stuff like this. The US backed down on this, when they dropped the issue as a pre-requisite for peace talks. The US offers empty words once again and won't back it up with any action. This was all over the news, and was a huge turnabout for the US at the time.

**EDIT**
    You can read more about it here:
    US drops demand for Israeli settlement freeze

So, I don't see any point in denying the obvious here, seeing as how well reported the story was and everything.
    What do you want then? An invasion? The US will not touch that region since the 1982 disaster. Sanctions? You could try but they'll just turn to Chinese and its economic allies instead, something the US will do its damndest to prevent.
    The region has been a proxy cold war theatre since the late 50s. Nothing changes.

Strangely though, the Israeli embassy still has not had anyone protesting outside it since the debacle in Gaza this february. Where have all the protestors gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Strangely though, the Israeli embassy still has not had anyone protesting outside it since the debacle in Gaza this february. Where have all the protestors gone?

Between 1,166 and 1,417 Palestinians and 13 Israelis were killed. More than 400,000 Gazans were left without running water, while 4,000 homes were destroyed or badly damaged, leaving tens of thousands of people homeless; 80 government buildings were hit.

Debacle you say, and you really think people will take you seriously?

4 of the those isrealis (PDF soldiers) were killed by their own

• Advertisement

Between 1,166 and 1,417 Palestinians and 13 Israelis were killed. More than 400,000 Gazans were left without running water, while 4,000 homes were destroyed or badly damaged, leaving tens of thousands of people homeless; 80 government buildings were hit.

Debacle you say, and you really think people will take you seriously? On a cold bastard would call the murder of over 300 children a debacle
    Before you get all sanctimonious on me, I have already slammed in these forums as unjust, disgraceful politicking in Gaza by Olmert's party.
    I have never downsized or justified it for one second.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement