Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Midkemia wrote: »
    Went to costellos last night, it was really good!

Going tonight hopefully. Was meant to go last night but the taxi we ordered never showed up and no taxi was stopping for flagging so ended up just ordering pizza and watching Netflix. Wouldn't mind but I spent about two months making my costume :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

sup_dude wrote: »
    Going tonight hopefully. Was meant to go last night but the taxi we ordered never showed up and no taxi was stopping for flagging so ended up just ordering pizza and watching Netflix. Wouldn't mind but I spent about two months making my costume :(

Put up some photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Went to costellos last night, it was really good!

I'm raging, me and my friends ALWAYS go to Costellos, but last night we went to Icon 'cause my bf turned 20 during the week.

Nice. Put up some more :D

• Advertisement

:eek:

No more!

YFlyer wrote: »
    No more!

Why? Have you a problem with the way I look? :( That's an old photo anyways, this is me now after going to the gym and losing weight...

http://scream4reallife.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/ugly-woman.png

You're beautiful :)

I'm busy with corrections so don't want to be distracted ;)

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    You're beautiful :)

I'm busy with corrections so don't want to be distracted ;)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Lads is johnny barbers on campus good with longer and thicker then normal hair ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Lads is johnny barbers on campus good with longer and thicker then normal hair ? :P

Nope. Went for a haircut last week. I normally have my hair trimmed down to a nice length (not too long nor too short). I'm practically bald now... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Daniel S wrote: »
    dral6.jpg

readImage?iid=61544

Saw some student getting dropped off this morning by Mr Tayto.

The campus and library are so eerie at the weekend, there's no people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I got a C in a midterm I was sure I'd failed. :D

It's only 10% of the final grade, but still. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I've actually been really surprised by how few people there are in the mornings round 8 o'clock for the library. Thought it would be packed. I know it gets busier throughout the day but I really thought they'd be a huge number of people queuing up in advance of the library opening. At least when it opens before 8 o'clock I don't have to go through the mental torture of watching people walking up to the doors before the library is open and getting confused as to why the doors aren't opening!

I get so stupidly irritated by that!:pac: I just want to shake them and then shove their heads against the sign that states the times the library opens and then berate them for not knowing in advance.:pac: Even when I was in first year I knew when the library opening but then again the library is like my second home.:o

Would the library be that busy when it's opened in the morning during study week?

If it's not, I'd might be tempted to do an day's study there..

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Would the library be that busy when it's opened in the morning during study week?

If it's not, I'd might be tempted to do an day's study there..

Its going to be manic, especially with these new gates. Think Hunger Games style. You'll need to start queuing to get in at like 7.30

• Advertisement

iLaura wrote: »
    Its going to be manic, especially with these new gates. Think Hunger Games style. You'll need to start queuing to get in at like 7.30

Really? I went in at 8am last Thursday to do a bit of studying before my lectures and it was about half full

Really? I went in at 8am last Thursday to do a bit of studying before my lectures and it was about half full

This last week at 8am has been quiet. Usually though, people hear "study week" and go into panic study mode and live in the library. Unless this year is any different, every single year has been crazy. Like iLaura says, think hunger games when they're all clambering to get weapons.

Yeah, but all those people who were busy drinking themselves into a coma at Christmas Days on Thursday will be in the library next week browsing Facebook and chatting to their friends about how mad Christams Days was studying hard for their exams.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, but all those people who were busy drinking themselves into a coma at Christmas Days on Thursday will be in the library next week browsing Facebook and chatting to their friends about how mad Christams Days was studying hard for their exams.
    It should be legal to strangle those people. Or people who come in really early and dump all their crap on the table and leave for like four hours. One hour I can accept, maybe, maybe two hours but any longer than that and I get to set your books alight. I've only ever left stuff for an hour when I've just had the one lecture and I've felt bad for that! The library breeds so much rage in me! :pac:

It should be legal to strangle those people. Or people who come in really early and dump all their crap on the table and leave for like four hours. One hour I can accept, maybe, maybe two hours but any longer than that and I get to set your books alight. I've only ever left stuff for an hour when I've just had the one lecture and I've felt bad for that! The library breeds so much rage in me! :pac:

They're going around now with notes saying that if your stuff is still unclaimed in half an hour, then it's being lifted. It's great something is being done but when you're in the library from eight in the morning until midnight, you're going to want to go find food at some stage and half an hour isn't long enough to get dinner. An hour would be better. It's long enough to go get food without rushing, but not too long that people can just abandon the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They're going around now with notes saying that if your stuff is still unclaimed in half an hour, then it's being lifted. It's great something is being done but when you're in the library from eight in the morning until midnight, you're going to want to go find food at some stage and half an hour isn't long enough to get dinner. An hour would be better. It's long enough to go get food without rushing, but not too long that people can just abandon the place.

Those notes all are talk and no action though :o They've been giving them out for years but don't think they actually move the stuff. Plus we've all heard of someone who went to get a book/to the jacks and had a note on the desk when they returned

Those notes all are talk and no action though :o They've been giving them out for years but don't think they actually move the stuff. Plus we've all heard of someone who went to get a book/to the jacks and had a note on the desk when they returned

Yup, that's how I got one. I don't think they're doing anything about it either. But on the off chance they do, it's an awful short amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Finally got my study week study plan sorted :) I'm going sleeping during the day and studying during the night. I learn stuff better at night :P

I like to talk to myself when I study, going to sound like a crazy in the library.

• Advertisement

I like to talk to myself when I study, going to sound like a crazy in the library.

Same! I'm avoiding the library this week :P At least at home I can eat loudly and talk to myself :pac:

People are in a (LONG) orderly queue without the aid of barriers. Well, this certainly is something else.

Would it be unusual to join societies and clubs at the start of second semester? Finding it hard to meet new people since freshers week outside of my course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Would it be unusual to join societies and clubs at the start of second semester? Finding it hard to meet new people since freshers week outside of my course.

Not at all unusual- people join at all stages of the year

Not at all. There'll be another recruitment drive at the start of next semester.

*ahem*... join ULFM, we're lovely... *ahem*

Not at all. There'll be another recruitment drive at the start of next semester.

was thinking more the kayak club and games soc :P

• Advertisement

Why would you want to get all wet in a kayak when you could be all warm and cosy in our boiling hot sweatbox lovely warm studio? :P

Good choices though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Still playing 80's at 8? :P
    I miss that.. :/ :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Is the radio running during study week?

Still playing 80's at 8? :P
    I miss that.. :/ :P

Nope, that show is dead. Was doing a video game show this semester, but that never really got off the ground because the people I know who are into games are also the people who won't go on radio, so it became me talking about games I like for an hour a week. :P
    Fireball07 wrote: »
    Is the radio running during study week?

Yeah. Finishes up Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Nope, that show is dead.
    Couldn't give a more concrete no... :P

it became me talking about games I like for an hour a week. :P
    What's so bad about that! :P Often get sidetracked when I'm teaching talking about the things I like. I know they're 3/4 years old but I like to think somewhere in their subconscious they understand and agree with me.. :P

• Advertisement

This isn't really a happy days scenario but anyways... Are undergrad's allowed to use the computer room in the library on the right hand side of the ground floor beside the toilets? I always thought that was just for post grads but I'm not sure :P

This isn't really a happy days scenario but anyways... Are undergrad's allowed to use the computer room in the library on the right hand side of the ground floor beside the toilets? I always thought that was just for post grads but I'm not sure :P

Think that's a study room? I don't recall being told that was for post-grads only so I presume your allowed anyway!

You're okay to use them. It's just the classroom at the back you should avoid. Those computers are linked to the printers in the main room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You're more than welcome to join the kayak club at any time of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Scholar's breakfast on a morning like today is a wonderful thing.

First thing I'm going to do when I've finished my exam and final essay is spend an entire day watching black and white films. I love balck and white films especially with love Audrey Hepburn! :DLove the Afternoon will be my first film! Any other black and white film suggestions?:D

Any John Wayne movie.

Seriously, I love b/w westerns. I've no idea why. :o

Once my exams are all over, I'm ordering a massive burrito, having a massive binge of Archer on Netflix and then sleeping for a week. Rock'n'roll!

You should definitely go for the first Godzilla movie, nothing like a bit of cheese :pac:

On the subject of movies, we were going to have our annual LOTR marathon but it doesn't look like I'm going to make, despite being the main organiser :(

You should definitely go for the first Godzilla movie, nothing like a bit of cheese :pac:

On the subject of movies, we were going to have our annual LOTR marathon but it doesn't look like I'm going to make, despite being the main organiser :(

I rewatched the first Hobbit today, then the second one tomorrow and then go see the last one Friday :D

If you're gonna do the LoTR marathon it has to be the extended edition versions

iLaura wrote: »
    I rewatched the first Hobbit today, then the second one tomorrow and then go see the last one Friday :D

If you're gonna do the LoTR marathon it has to be the extended edition versions

It always is!

• Advertisement
Advertisement