Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

magma69 wrote: »
    Is that double weighting in every course?

What do you mean by double weighting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

What do you mean by double weighting?
    Double weighting means that your grades count double when it comes to determining you final QCA, and thus your graduating degree (1.1, 2.1, etc.). Normally 2nd year counts for 25% of your degree, 3rd year 25% (bearing in mind that there is only 1 semester, due to co-op), and 4th year 50%.

I'm pretty sure for the teaching courses (like science ed, metalwork, etc) that they only count 3rd and 4th year, with an equal weighting to each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scruffystack

A month out of UL and have a job nailed, what it's all about I guess! Get in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Didn't know that there was hot showers in the Jim Kemmy Business School?

Lucky b*stards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Had to go back six pages to find this! We are a miserable lot :P

Fairly sure I passed this repeat though :D and if it wasn't capped, I'd say I did quite well. We'll see friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

YFlyer wrote: »
    Didn't know that there was hot showers in the Jim Kemmy Business School?

Lucky b*stards :D

There is?

sup_dude wrote: »
    Had to go back six pages to find this! We are a miserable lot :P

Fairly sure I passed this repeat though :D and if it wasn't capped, I'd say I did quite well. We'll see friday!

Congrats!

I had a few to do cause of I grades.....hopefully did okay. Hard to tell. I didn't fail any anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Repeats passed, happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I R back in Limerick! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I have to repeat 3 modules :)
    The reason I'm happy about this is because I was so worried I'd have to repeat the whole year! It'll be money taken away from the car fund but I am delighted I can stay in UL! :)

• Advertisement

Well...I passed, at least I get to go back :P

Sitting in a lecture in Schumann, window open, silence descends as we work on a problem.

Guy in carpark: "I'm gonna take a girl back to my room and f*ck the **** out of her!"

Entire room burst into laughter for about a minute.

Laughter dies down.

Guy in carpark: [laughter]"I was wondering if anyone could hear me..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Ah sitting here this morning in the library in a lovely quiet listening to a bit of music while looking out and listening to the rain outside (love to sit by the window so I can be nosey and look outside :pac:). Lovely!:) Love when it's quiet like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Be in in an hour to wreck the place :)
    Just realized 10 tutorial isn't on anymore, next lecture is 5... :P

Be in in an hour to wreck the place :)
    Just realized 10 tutorial isn't on anymore, next lecture is 5... :P

Same thing happened to me today, for some reason I thought it was Wednesday so I thought the lecture I had was on at 10 but when I realised it wasn't Wednesday, I realised that the lecture I have on Tuesday from 9-12 (European Cinema) and now I'm waiting around until three for a tutorial. :( Back in the library again, my home!:pac: I hate college, I wanna go home! Making me wait around for a tutorial that won't tell me anything new! Blah I say! And I lost my comfy lovely quiet spot and now there are people around! People in my library! How dare they!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sitting in a lecture in Schumann, window open, silence descends as we work on a problem.

Guy in carpark: "I'm gonna take a girl back to my room and f*ck the **** out of her!"

Entire room burst into laughter for about a minute.

Laughter dies down.

Guy in carpark: [laughter]"I was wondering if anyone could hear me..."

I believe it was bang the **** out of her :D

• Advertisement

Ooo three hour lecture... :Z
    About cinema? :P
    Just explaining notes in this lecture,
    Don't really need to go in, but I've quite a lot to do,
    And I'll get a lot more done in your library than my residence.. :P
    Gna go to second floor when I come in, meant to come in earlier but fell asleep... :P Near my books and hopefully pretty quiet... Shouldn't be too hard to find a seat :)
    Ah not as bad as study week though... A carbon copy of going to mass at Christmas. Don't go all year bar this one day (week) to repent all in one go, leaving the regulars to stand at the back... :mad:

Ooo three hour lecture... :Z
    About cinema? :P
    Just explaining notes in this lecture,
    Don't really need to go in, but I've quite a lot to do,
    And I'll get a lot more done in your library than my residence.. :P
    Gna go to second floor when I come in, meant to come in earlier but fell asleep... :P Near my books and hopefully pretty quiet... Shouldn't be too hard to find a seat :)
    Ah not as bad as study week though... A carbon copy of going to mass at Christmas. Don't go all year bar this one day (week) to repent all in one go, leaving the regulars to stand at the back... :mad:

Yeah last week was a silent black and white German film! 3 hour film! I thought I'd shoot myself but it was actually surprisingly good!:) How dare you think you can study here! Not only that but you choose my floor as well! Disgrace. I know I hate those people! Wish this tutorial would just happen so I can go home. Being stuck in the library means I've to do work which I actually need to do but don't want to!:p I feel bad getting distracted by boards and Facebook! People are probably glaring at me for taking a seat they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

What was the film? Fritz lang? M? Metropolis? Bet it was M (which is nowhere near 3 hours).

Yeah last week was a silent black and white German film! 3 hour film! I thought I'd shoot myself but it was actually surprisingly good!:) How dare you think you can study here! Not only that but you choose my floor as well! Disgrace. I know I hate those people! Wish this tutorial would just happen so I can go home. Being stuck in the library means I've to do work which I actually need to do but don't want to!:p I feel bad getting distracted by boards and Facebook! People are probably glaring at me for taking a seat they want!

Awh you have to watch films for 3 hours? :O My heart goes out.. :P
    That's where my Economics books are :(
    Will be in myself til late tonight, laying ownership of top floor :) Ah it surely wasn't that packed at 12 on a Tuesday, plus that's what everyone does! :P

Also in response to other comment, Metropolis (1927) - Run Time: (210 mins) - 3 1/2 hours...

Awh you have to watch films for 3 hours? :O My heart goes out.. :P
    That's where my Economics books are :(
    Will be in myself til late tonight, laying ownership of top floor :) Ah it surely wasn't that packed at 12 on a Tuesday, plus that's what everyone does! :P

Also in response to other comment, Metropolis (1927) - Run Time: (210 mins) - 3 1/2 hours...
    That's the name of it, I'd forgotten!:o:o I still liked it though! Suppose I can't be guarding it all the time! If I didn't travel in no one would get in!:p
    Also: There are different versions of the film, some longer than others. Think we watched the one that wasn't the longest version but also wasn't the shortest version!

• Advertisement

First installment of my grant got paid. :D

Hon Cork CoCo!

Suck it SUSI! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

First installment of my grant got paid. :D

Hon Cork CoCo!

Suck it SUSI! :P

Mine came mid September..

Hon Waterford CoCo

Suck It Cork CoCo

:p:p

garv123 wrote: »
    Mine came mid September..

Hon Waterford CoCo

Suck It Cork CoCo

:p:p

Yeah, but I didn't submit the final form until the 17th of September, so it was a two week turnaround. :P :P

My CoCo is better than your CoCo! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Yeah, but I didn't submit the final form until the 17th of September, so it was a two week turnaround. :P :P

My CoCo is better than your CoCo! :pac:

You go Glen CoCo!

Still haven't got mine and the aul funds are dwindling...

^^ Ditto...
    And I am Cork CoCo, but SUSI are still pissballing around with my documents >=[

I can haz interview? :)

So apparently my CV wasn't completely hopeless (or else it was and I'm being put there to make the others look good)...

Anyone know where EO013a is? I'm assuming near the Co-Op office, but it wouldn't be the first time the Main Building has fu*ked with my brain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I can haz interview? :)

So apparently my CV wasn't completely hopeless (or else it was and I'm being put there to make the others look good)...

Anyone know where EO013a is? I'm assuming near the Co-Op office, but it wouldn't be the first time the Main Building has fu*ked with my brain...

I think it could be the interview room across from the Co-Op office, but I could be wrong.

Would anyone be able to tell me where the tourism section is in the library? Thank you!:)

Two guys held doors open for me today and stood back to let me go through ahead of them! <3 Damn, but I love men who do that! :) Always puts a smile on my face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I got ate alive last time i did that for someone,

• Advertisement

freyners wrote: »

Seen that happen too :P

freyners wrote: »
    What!?:eek: God I love it! Please don't stop doing it (if you're a man:o) just because it isn't appreciated by some! I love men who do that!:D Manners is sexy!:o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

What!?:eek: God I love it! Please don't stop doing it (if you're a man:o) just because it isn't appreciated by some! I love men who do that!:D Manners is sexy!:o:pac:

You know what is sexier saying thank you when some one holds the door open for you.

Jester252 wrote: »
    You know what is sexier saying thank you when some one holds the door open for you.
    I do that too, don't worry and with a smile!:) Can't understand people who don't say thank you, it's extremely rude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I do that too, don't worry and with a smile!:) Can't understand people who don't say thank you, it's extremely rude!

When it happen it makes me what to take the door off the hinges and hold in front of them for the rest of the day. There is nothing nicer than someone saying thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This is the first round of exams for a while where there have been no major ITD issues!

ryanf1 wrote: »
    This is the first round of exams for a while where there have been no major ITD issues!

Bar the fact some people still cant access their emails without very convoluted work arounds

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

And the fact we can already access our results ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yurt wrote: »
    And the fact we can already access our results ;)

Do tell? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Yurt wrote: »
    Access to our student records is blocked,but they've still left access to our CV's open (at least for 3rd years) If you have any exams finished that have already been corrected there already up on your CV. :)

Same thing happened last year but they caught on quickly and blocked them before i could have a look. try not to tell everybody :rolleyes: but then again you have posted it already so prepare for them to be blocked again

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Same thing happened last year but they caught on quickly and blocked them before i could have a look. try not to tell everybody :rolleyes: but then again you have posted it already so prepare for them to be blocked again

If they're as quick to block it as they are to fix the email system we'll probably be safe for the foreseeable future. :P

If they're as quick to block it as they are to fix the email system we'll probably be safe for the foreseeable future. :P

The ITD stage by stage guide to fixing a problem

Try blaming the students memories
    Try blaming the students laptops
    Stick head in sand and wait
    ?????
    Profit

My QCA jumped by .16 this morning because a grade went from a C3 to an A2 on recheck... I'm now within realistic touching distance of the discretionary band for a 1.1, and could potentially get it outright if modules go my way...

Let this be a lesson to you all, if there's ANY niggling doubt about a grade, talk to your lecturer and get it rechecked.

My QCA jumped by .16 this morning because a grade went from a C3 to an A2 on recheck... I'm now within realistic touching distance of the discretionary band for a 1.1, and could potentially get it outright if modules go my way...

Let this be a lesson to you all, if there's ANY niggling doubt about a grade, talk to your lecturer and get it rechecked.

Congrats dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

C3 to an A2?? Wow, that's an incredible jump. Congrats buddy and best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Data Mining? Few people had a good few queries about that alright.

chrislad wrote: »
    Data Mining? Few people had a good few queries about that alright.

Nope, Distributed Systems. I think there was a mix-up and the lecturer didn't actually get my final exam paper (I type exams) so didn't add that to the result.

Seriously though, I was so close to not following up on it. I was sitting in work with the email open going "Well, if I'm brutally honest with myself, that C3 could be fair... Maybe I'll just leave it..." :o

I'm still well chuffed over it. :)

No good news for almost 2 weeks!
    Probably not even good news for most but I've applied for my Erasmus for Spring '15 :) Fingers crossed for Venice! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

That far in advance, I'm sure you'll get it

Two applied and two places available...
    Ill be disappointed if I miss it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement