Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confirmed - Stargate SG-1: Revolution

• 16-11-2009 2:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭

The working title for the next Stargate SG-1 movie has been revealed. Stargate: Revolution will reunite the cast of the long-running show, including former lead Richard Dean Anderson.
    The title has announced at Stargate writer-producer Joseph Mallozzi’s blog.
    Revolution will be the third DVD movie for the SG-1 team — if it gets made, that is. After reportedly giving the production a green light this past spring (story), MGM placed it back in drydocks along with the Atlantis movie, Stargate: Extinction.
    As of last spring, the intention was to shoot one or both of the movies this fall, with the SG-1 film apparently taking priority in the production schedule. But continuing economic pressures have prevented MGM from committing just yet (story).
    Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum filmed in 2007 and were released in 2008.
    The script for the SG-1 movie has been written by Brad Wright and Carl Binder, who are currently serving as executive producers on Stargate Universe, with a story reportedly set sometime between Continuum and the start of SGU. Wright told fans at this year’s Vancouver Stargate convention that “I had a story idea that really worked with O’Neill. And it’s not just his character, by any means. It’s a Stargate story that brings O’Neill back in a big way.”
    Keep your browser locked on GateWorld for the very latest on Stargate: Revolution has news develops! We’ll be adding it to our Stargate Movies guide this week, where you can find everything we know about the film at a glance.
    Dude better buff up, or get a facelift or something. Those saggy cheeks will do him no good.

As a reminder, MGM is ever paranoid about DVD sales ;) and as I learned with Children of the Gods they put some neat features in like RDA's commentary, which was great. Think about putting one or two of the existing DVD sets on your shelf, if you'd like to hurry this along.

Comments

MGM's current financial woes could see this beign a long way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not if everyone just buys the DVDs

Most fans all ready own the DVD or Blu Ray and in some cases own multiple copies of some. There's a good chance that if MGM sells off it's assetts then Stargate is one franchise which could suffer. I really hope the film comes through as they really owe us one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'm a little skeptical if this will ever happen, with the world economy in the toilet it could be a long time before this starts filming, add into the mix an ageing Richard Dean Anderson (60 this coming January), Stargate Universe getting into it's stride and not to mention how hard it is to make money from DVD's now with it so easy to download them online :o It also might just not be relevant if its going to be released after 2 or 3 series of SGU.

Would love to see them get the thumb out and get filming, I'd especially look forward to the Atlantis movie as I think there is potentially much further they could go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Furlings anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Furlings anyone?

I think we are never gonna get to see them. Feckers.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well MGM is for sale, so i suppose its a matter if the new people feeling its a wise investment, and it is a wise investment, so it will get made, when is the question, the last 2 DVDs were a success, so why not go further,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

not to mention how hard it is to make money from DVD's now with it so easy to download them online :o

This is what really grates me about (illegal) downloaders. They say no one gets hurt but, in fact, it is the fans of shows, like this that feel the pain.
    The pain in sh*t just not getting made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Bullcrap,

It's been proven over and over that people who download BUY more.

I get episodes in full HD just after they air in the US but if I like the show I buy the DVD boxset.
    This is what really grates me about (illegal) downloaders. They say no one gets hurt but, in fact, it is the fans of shows, like this that feel the pain.
    The pain in sh*t just not getting made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I really hope the protagonist isnt going to be a Lucian Alliance. Im not really sure what story arch they can use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i'd say it will have something to do with o niells clone!!!

everyone must remember the clone that asgard made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Bullcrap,

It's been proven over and over that people who download BUY more.

I get episodes in full HD just after they air in the US but if I like the show I buy the DVD boxset.
    It totally depends.

I downloaded Ark of Truth last week - never did see it yet. But it had black borders everywhere and turkish subtitles :pac: It was definitely better than I thought it would be. So yeah, I could definitely see myself pulling it from the shelf the next time im in walmart. Im still very pleased with my Children of the Gods buy.

If you go off though and find some top notch ballbusting 5gb rip of Iron Man though - its hard to justify the expense.

Just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

At least its dragging down the price of DVDs/Blue rays to affordable prices. And back in the day most people who couldnt afford to buy videos left right and centre used to record the film off the TV. You didnt hear much critism of that. If you want a quality version of a film you really like you mite download it but later on you will get it on Blue ray. For instance I went to see Zombieland in the cinema, have since downloaded it and will wait till I get a blue ray player to purchase the hard copy. I do think it effects the rental market which is why you see it cheaper to rent dvds instead of the rip off £5 per nite days in the 90's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I can see these films happenening. Stargate is a big earner, I dont see why, even if MGM is sold, they wouldnt get backing for these films.

Advertisement