Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a noob rogue!

Options
  • 16-11-2009 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, I've managed to get myself to level 68 as a NE Rogue. I'm assas spec at the moment. Just hit Northrend (still doing Outlands but I'm impatient!). I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice as to my dps gear etc. I tend to solo as most of my guild are noobier than I am, so AH is my only real access to really good gear I think. My armoury profile is linked below. Thanks

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Tardinuus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

http://shadowpanther.net/leveling.htm

good info for leveling as a rogue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Don't worry about gear until your 80, in the mean time just take whatever items you can use from quest rewards.

When you get to 80 start doing as many heroics as you can and gear up through that, buying items from AH is costly and pointless considering you can get better from heroics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

err should probably respec, take the 3 points out of ruthlessness and put them into puncturing wounds. 15% crit on mutilate is pretty huge and you'll probably never get the chance to take advantage of ruthlessness as the mobs die pretty quickly when leveling.

Only other thing to remember is the weapons, for leveling its probably better to get to slow daggers as 2 mutilates + evis will probably be enough to kill most mobs. When you get to 80, slow mainhand / fast offhand (Basically slower weapons will have higher damage ranges compared to fast daggers at the same ilvl). A slow dagger is anything from 1.6speed + and fast dagger would be <1.6.

Remember that its to do with the weapon damage range, a slow lvl 60dagger will still be alot worse than a fast lvl70 dagger in mh.

Just because its purple doesnt make it better than a randm green item, surely you've got better gloves etc from outland quests. Compare the stats on items, just use this as a calculator for dps Agi = 2, Attack power = 1, Strength = 1 , crit = 1, haste = 1, Spell power = 0, Int = 0, Spirit = 0, stamina is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

go combat swords.

probably easiest leveling spec.

have my rogue to 66 atm.

level him every few days.

kinda bored with the game atm

thank god for modern warfare 2 ;)

heres my armory if you wanna have a look

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=R%C3%ADpper

yes, i do have silly enchants on items. im leveling enchanting atm.

tbh i wondnt worry about gear. having the heirloom items helps big time though.

jus gear up when u hit 80.

farming toc normal ftw ;)

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    heres my armory if you wanna have a look

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=R%C3%ADpper

yes, i do have silly enchants on items. im leveling enchanting atm.

tbh i wondnt worry about gear. having the heirloom items helps big time though.

jus gear up when u hit 80.

farming toc normal ftw ;)

Tell Stickybuds and Mudkiper, Omegagear says hello :P

Oh and Assassination is perfectly fine for leveling aswell as combat.... and sub if ya really wanted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

ditch the gear with spell power and int, rest seems fine. Im lvling a rogue atm, and have him up to lvl42, using him purely for profs (enchanting+tailoring) - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Rancidmunkey Ive no real interst for using him for pvp, tbh im pretty crap with him. And yes i know his talents are all over the shop, plus i only hit training every 5-6 lvls or more. Think i actually did from lvl 30-40 without hitting trainer once. But then i have a mate powering me through dungeons whenever he is on :D.

nix wrote: »
    Tell Stickybuds and Mudkiper, Omegagear says hello :P

Oh and Assassination is perfectly fine for leveling aswell as combat.... and sub if ya really wanted :P

haha how you know mud and sticky?! you played on ls?

forgot to mention the pvp leveling.

i have dinged at least 10 levels while in bgs.

rogue is loads of fun v most classes except paladin!!

av = **** loads of xp, just not enough peeps playin in most brackets.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    haha how you know mud and sticky?! you played on ls?

Still do :)

I know Sticky from when i first started playing wow, he faction changed though and left Ming the guild im in :P

yeh was talkin to him last night he was tellin me you were in ming.

forgot u were ally on ls. didnt you guys moce realms? or disband or somethin?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement