Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfering to ul?

• 16-11-2009 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

anybody ever transfer from lit to ul, for example doing a year or two of accounting and finance in lit and then transferring over to ul to finish your final two years? how does this work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Figerty

Talk to admissions in UL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

It is possible and has been done before. You'd need to make an application for advanced entry to the equivalent year. You'll need your marks to be fairly good - they'll generally expect you to be achieving 60% average and above. They may also want you to do an extra year.

If you are in Accounting & finance though be careful to weigh it up. LIT's degree gains a higher number of exemptions for the Accountancy professional exams than UL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

You should really weigh it up. People presume UL is better just because it's a university. People such as me, I did first year digital media design in UL. I hated the course. There was big classes, nobody took a personal interest in your work. We had no one on one's with anybody. I also just didn't like the material in the course. I'm in LIT now doing Video and Sound, they let me transfer straight into second year and I love it. The course is really great, the lecturers are great, the equipment is every bit as good as UL. There is also more access to the equipment for students as there are less of us. If I were you, I'd think about it more before transfering. I have friends in accounting and business courses, and to be honest they are lazy, they don't go to class half the time because the classes are big and nobody would notice. Just because they'll come out with a university degree doesn't mean a whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

louloumc89 wrote: »
    You should really weigh it up. People presume UL is better just because it's a university. People such as me, I did first year digital media design in UL. I hated the course. There was big classes, nobody took a personal interest in your work. We had no one on one's with anybody. I also just didn't like the material in the course. I'm in LIT now doing Video and Sound, they let me transfer straight into second year and I love it. The course is really great, the lecturers are great, the equipment is every bit as good as UL. There is also more access to the equipment for students as there are less of us. If I were you, I'd think about it more before transfering. I have friends in accounting and business courses, and to be honest they are lazy, they don't go to class half the time because the classes are big and nobody would notice. Just because they'll come out with a university degree doesn't mean a whole lot.

Hey I met you in the studios! I'm the female drummer from the Music Tech 2 course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

louloumc89 wrote: »

ya your right ive heard the exact same thing, but its the broad choice of major subjects in the business course i was after ha, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement