Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City furniture used as gravestones

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elian

Go to www.ghostbikes.org for more info.

I see no more than this one in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

elian wrote: »
    I see no more than this one in Dublin.

There is another one on Wellington quay near the ha'penny bridge. The first was for a cyclist killed in January ,the second for a cyclist killed in September.

With a bit of luck we won't be seeing any more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not sure if you're still looking for them OP but there's a love heart which looks like a memorial just at Drimnagh Luas stop next to St.John Bosco Youth Centre. It's on one of the railings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't forget Fr Pat Noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I dont know if its still there since I'm not ready to go to it, but near Kavanagh's on the Malahide Road in Dublin there's flowers on a railings where my mam was killed and some people she was with were injured. I was told it's lovely, but like I said, I havent gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

There's a couple more on the Malahide Road just past Coolock. A plaque on the wall outside one of the cottages at Newtown (Just before Woodies)...a lady killed off a moped about 3-4 years back. Further up, there's flowers on the railing just on the slip road into where Woodies, McDonald's & Lidl is. Guy on a motorbike, I think.

Harmonstown Road...flowers on the railings at the side of St Joseph's hospital. Man killed by a car here earlier this year.

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elian

Thank you all very much! I have found more as well. Will keep photographing them even the college project is due tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Quite late the party but on the Naas road, just down from where it meets Tyrconnelll rd and Davitt road, there's a memorial built into the stone wall that separates the sidewalk from a park. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Quite late the party but on the Naas road, just down from where it meets Tyrconnelll rd and Davitt road, there's a memorial built into the stone wall that separates the sidewalk from a park. :)

That's more of a gravestone rather than what elian was looking for.
    elian wrote: »
    Thank you all very much! I have found more as well. Will keep photographing them even the college project is due tomorrow.

Any chance of uploading them when you get a chance?

Advertisement