Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 9 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

I'm off to bed- bloody annoyed that the one week I need to videos to be up, that they aren't, sad that Bref is gone:(

Probably because they want to get the ratings tomorrow night when it's repeated onthe main channel.

I can wait.

Will NOT be watching that Celeb nonsense before it, tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Might have something to do with the cameras.

Probably:D. I often wondered if Bill and crew saw all them bits when Brian and Jackie aren't around before the boardroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ann22 wrote: »
    Probably:D. I often wondered if Bill and crew saw all them bits when Brian and Jackie aren't around before the boardroom.

:confused:

:eek:

Please say you are joking!

amdublin wrote: »
    :confused:

:eek:

Please say you are joking!

You sound like oh :o. Yeah I had my suspicions but there's been times when Bill mentioned stuff in the boardroom and it clearly looked as if he hadn't seen something. Annoying! Like the time when they were doing Samsung Jet billboard when Brendan wouldn't listen to Donal when he insisted on including the man in the suit in the photo, to me it looked as if Bill didn't know that.

Brendan O'Connor is getting on my nerves standing up for Aoiffe all the time. I can't stand her:mad:!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Ann22 wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor is getting on my nerves standing up for Aoiffe all the time. I can't stand her:mad:!

Middle Class sticking up for the middle class.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Longest "Best Bits" clip ever.
    You're a legend, Breff !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Fair play to you Breff!!! You cracked me up with laughter! :D I think steve has done himself no harm after tonights performance. I can see him winning it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Ginger steve is useless. Getting loads of praise on you're fired for some reason.

I just don't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

dresden8 wrote: »
    Ginger steve is useless. Getting loads of praise on you're fired for some reason.

I just don't see it.

I'd ask are we missing something...but I don't see what? He's as useful as tits on a bull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

JOM34 wrote: »
    The Winners off to Muckross Hotel courtesy of Vit Hit!!!

Muckross Hotel owned by Bill and Vit Hit owned by Jackie's son.

Jackie has a son !!!!!!!! Never knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

I don't understand the bitching about Geraldine shafting Breff. She did nothing of the sort. She recognised his disastrous aptitude for sales, and in her desperation to gain another sale in the books, she offered very strongly to do the pitch for the sale, and softened the blow by promising to put the sale into Breff's sales book.

I really don't think there was anything other than comradeship and kindness in her actions, and above all, she was thinking of her team and their overall sales figures. Nothing however could get away from the fact that by doing it that way, it did unfortunately show Breffny up. But what was she supposed to do.... say to Breffny... sure... you go ahead and do the sale.... now THAT as a project manager would have been a disastrous decision and Bill would have pulled her up big time on that, had she decided to allow him to attempt it. He is crap at sales ...end of ! She had no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't forget we probably haven't seen the last of the Breffmeister.
    In the finale, Bill will bring back 4 contestants to help the finalists, and I'd put money on Breff being one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Ahhh tis the end of an era...

Least I can get one final laugh tonight at You're Fired though!

Oooh and they're in Microsoft next week - should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Anyone think that crazy b*tch Aoiffe looks like Rocky from "Rocky and Bullwinkle"?
    1-790306.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Can someone please tell me what a "roooooooooooooookie mistake" is please :confused::rolleyes:

Breffney was on Newstalk this morning and you can email him -

hirebreffny@gmail.com

He actually thinks employers are going to inundate him with offers :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

kick-on wrote: »
    x2
    its the eyes i think... savage!!!!

Are people actually serious about this?
    She reminds me of a japanese cartoon character and I wouldn't touch her with your's.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Rookie mistake was letting the pharmacy buyer see her clip board with the break down of the prices! So she knows how far lucinda is willing to go with discounts etc and can tell if he's being shafted!

Mod Edit: Spoiler Removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 06621121

Bye,bye Breff :(:(

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    Rookie mistake was letting the pharmacy buyer see her clip board with the break down of the prices! So she knows how far lucinda is willing to go with discounts etc and can tell if he's being shafted!
    Eh, I was joking when I asked that question!

Rookie is not pronounced "rooooooooooooooooooooooooooookie" last time I saw the dictionary :D

• Advertisement

Anyone think that crazy b*tch Aoiffe looks like Rocky from "Rocky and Bullwinkle"?
    1-790306.jpg
    Thats a disservice to Rocky, hes not cross eyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 06621121

06621121 wrote: »
    Bye,bye Breff :(:(
    Any idea who wins??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

clearly "english" steve is the man bill has to hire. seems a killer salesman and very likeable. what he said that people know whether they will buy of you in the first 5 seconds of meeting you is very true. he has a great way about him. as for the other steve, he is desperate, should have gone weeks ago. the final 3 should be steve, lucinda and aoife. geraldine is way out of her depth and if she wasnt from a poor background she would have been kicked to touch aswell. aoife is growing on me and i think its between her and steve.

the "breffmeister" should be given his own show. quality. seems a good guy aswell. it would be a hit.

Oh ok sorry, didn't pick up on your sarcasm there! He has awful diction, see how he pronounced waffle last night too! And apparently h's don't feature in his vocab! Dis and dat... But as my mate said las night... Who cares... He's richer than most ppl can even dream of!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Roro4Brit wrote: »

Mod Edit: Spoiler Removed

Fcuk sake, thanks a lot for that fcuking spoiler :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Cicero wrote: »
    Any personal predictions for the final? Don't think Brefney can feature for much longer, even though his entertainment value is pure class. Aoife has burned too many bridges and Geraldine has proven to be too unpredictable, even though this is the 'apprentice' - so I think TV3 will ultimately play it safe and go with one of the following 3 combinations for the final- my bet is on the first one- Lucinda and Stephen...and if I had to put money on it, I'd go for Stephen, but would love to see Lucinda win it.

Lucinda Stephen
    Stephen Steve
    Lucinda Steve.

If I was betting I'f be going with Lucinda and Steve for the final showdown. I am convinced that Steve will win this series.

Geraldine and Aoiffe are not strong enough, and Stephen has done nothing of note since the series started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

dalquist wrote: »
    I don't understand the bitching about Geraldine shafting Breff. She did nothing of the sort. She recognised his disastrous aptitude for sales, and in her desperation to gain another sale in the books, she offered very strongly to do the pitch for the sale, and softened the blow by promising to put the sale into Breff's sales book.

I really don't think there was anything other than comradeship and kindness in her actions, and above all, she was thinking of her team and their overall sales figures. Nothing however could get away from the fact that by doing it that way, it did unfortunately show Breffny up. But what was she supposed to do.... say to Breffny... sure... you go ahead and do the sale.... now THAT as a project manager would have been a disastrous decision and Bill would have pulled her up big time on that, had she decided to allow him to attempt it. He is crap at sales ...end of ! She had no choice.
    Breffny lost 2 sales that we saw! He lost them a sale at the tennis club and he fluffed the appointment that Aoiffe set up. An honest man would have taken his lumps and said 'Bill I can't sell'. He got too used to being carried he is male eyecandy. Sorry Breff should have taken your lumps and if you were smart you would have stuck with Ger after the Apprentice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

If I was betting I'f be going with Lucinda and Steve for the final showdown. I am convinced that Steve will win this series.

Geraldine and Aoiffe are not strong enough, and Stephen has done nothing of note since the series started.
    Only issue is that Ger is a natural for Bill's Apprentice, she is a former street trader who has her own business. Will English Steve even take it; he moved to Ireland to look after his grandparents in Cork.

oops real sorry! I thought it was common knowlegde at this stage...Im sure someone has said it in a previous post! I'm following Breffny's fan page Breffmania on Facebook and thats where I got that info so it could be totally wrong! It's just people are saying it on there, I don't know for certain!!!! Sorry (cant find embarrassed face to insert)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

I don’t get all this Breffmeister legend rubbish, basically a posh Cork toff with no noticeable talent. A very privileged background went to Harvard and doesn’t seem to have done anything else, can’t sell, can’t present can’t seem to do anything really except shag all round him, complete buffoon.
    He’ll go far and the show will be less entertaining for his departure, says all about celebrity culture really and how far removed this show has become from what it set out to be.

Advertisement