Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning handbag

• 16-11-2009 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there,

My mother bought a beautiful cream, pink, red and brown soft leather handbag at Brown Thomas last year and as she loves it so much has used it pretty much every day since. As a result it's gotten kind of grubby but she doesn't know how to clean it. Unsurprisingly the shop in Brown Thomas where she bought it were unable to help, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a top class cleaner in Dublin that I could take the bag for her to get it cleaned please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Fashion & Appearance

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have an expensive bag that needs to be repaired and my sister in law has recommended the laundrette in Leixlip village as she brought some there before. Might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

If it's genuine leather, you should be able to clean it up nooooo problem with some leather wipes. Just make sure you clean each coloured section seperately at a time with a fresh wipe just incase the colour may run. Once you have it all cleaned with the wipes leave it for a bit to dry off and then spray it with leather protector. I'm pretty sure Schuh have their own brand protective spray which is supposed to be brilliant for the money for resisting stains and grubbiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I used to work in Chesneau (posh leather bag shop behind BT's). We used to clean the leather bags using Mr Sheen, yes you heard right. We sprayed it onto a cotton cloth and made sure all the froth was absorbed. We then buffed the bags with it, works a treat. Debenhams were selling leather make-up holders that had gotten dirty and had stains on them, they were half price as a result. I bought one and cleaned it up using Mr Sheen. Perfecto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

I just bought this for a handbag loving friend
    http://www.lttleathercare.net/product.asp?product=52
    Makes a nice little gift, not sure how well it works yet though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement