Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bills Outstanding to UPC / Will my credit rating be affected

Options
  • 16-11-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Bills Outstanding to UPC / Will my credit rating be affected

I canceled my direct debit to UPC months ago due to bad service. I rang and canceled where the women on the phone told me that i would be billed out for the remiander of the contract(6months*€100 = 600) I had paid my bills on time and in full up to that time

Told her they could sing for it

A few months down the road and i get a voicemail saying contact X in regard to the bill. Its not UPC but perhaps a solicitor or debt collection agency not sure yet

I've moved address but just wondering would this affect my credit rating i',m loath to pay out to UPC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'm not 100% but I think it's usually loan, mortgage and credit card repayments that can effect your ICB rating.

Maybe Stepbar could clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Cant say for definite, but I dont think it would. It will usually go the legal route and bring you to court for collection of the monies owed.

Because its not actually a loan, mortgage or credit card. It should not go on the ICB.

I've moved address but just wondering would this affect my credit rating i',m loath to pay out to UPC

It would not matter if you moved. The ICB will come back with details of you through age and name, even if you left it out on a loan/mortgage application it would still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

You wont be listed as utilities are not listed as members of UPC...

http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

But they can take you to court technically..a few utilities used to do this all the time a few years ago, not much anymore... get on to them and request original signed agreement. If they have kept one I would arrange to pay the money owing. if not they may say a verbal contract in place then you are away with it.

Also write a letter advising of bad service and thus thye breached terms of contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It's correct to say that the debt will not appear on the ICB. However, there's absolutely nothing stopping UPC from obtaining a judgement against you and proceeding to register it with a court of law. That will appear in the stubbs gazette and could appear in searches. The mobile phone companies seem to have no issues with hauling a person to court over unpaid phone bills.

Advertisement