Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White German Shepard Puppy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

star-pants wrote: »
    Well it's their business why they want 4 pups really.
    Could be they just lost some, or they want to show them or want to breed from one or two of them.

be a bit odd to loose 4 dogs in the one go - and would have thought that if you where going to show dogs you would concentrate on one or two as for breeding surely you'd be hard pressed to have four stud dogs on the go in the current economic climate, but your right, it's their business, i was more interested in them trying to get four colours from one litter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

Fair play to them, 4 dogs is alot!! hope they find what they're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

wooo hoo!

I got one - just had to share my excitment!

Thanks for all your comments and help.

Congrats, if all works out I'd love to see some photos, White GSDs are up there in my top ten fav breeds!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Hi Irushe,

Shameless self promotion I know:D, but theres a pic of mine on the "Tips for New Puppy" thread that I started!
    B

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Hi Irushe,

Shameless self promotion I know:D, but theres a pic of mine on the "Tips for New Puppy" thread that I started!
    B

I saw those pics, gorgeous gorgeous pup!! Have three dogs already, if I had room (or indeed more hands to hold more leashes!!!) a White GS would be next on my list. Have my hands full with my 4 month old Rottie at the moment though! :D

• Advertisement

Shes a handful!! :p She seems to think that playtime is this time every night! And only wants to play with the loudest toys! I'd have loads if I had the room myself. Sounds like you have your hands full!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I know, but for all intensive purposes... it's a recessive gene, thus the reason quite a few "non-traditionally" white dogs (GSDs, Boxers etc.) can have birth markings and generally have brown eyes.

For all intents and purposes.

Sounds like you have your hands full!!!

Yep but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! :D

I know what you mean! I am trying to type with one hand here and hold the toy with the other one while she practically swings out of it! Her teeth are driving her mad!

I know what you mean! I am trying to type with one hand here and hold the toy with the other one while she practically swings out of it! Her teeth are driving her mad!

I got a cool toy for my pup when I was in America in September, don't know if they are available in Ireland. Its basically a cloth bone but its a special, heavy duty material that you soak with water and then freeze. Brook loved chewing on it when her teeth were at her.
    As I type I have a Chihuahua under my elbow, a Japanese Spitz to my left and a Rottie to my right and that's just the canine members of our household!!!:D

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember you mentioning this. I had a look in that Pet Warehouse in Naas at the weekend but didnt see it. I had used an old teething ring belonging to my niece which was working a treat until it burst. At the moment I am still putting it in the freezer and giving it to her at night. I seem to be getting a break here, at the moment she is engrossed in The Bone Collector on TV! I must keep up the search for that bone you mentioned!

Yeah I remember you mentioning this. I had a look in that Pet Warehouse in Naas at the weekend but didnt see it. I had used an old teething ring belonging to my niece which was working a treat until it burst. At the moment I am still putting it in the freezer and giving it to her at night. I seem to be getting a break here, at the moment she is engrossed in The Bone Collector on TV! I must keep up the search for that bone you mentioned!

I suppose if you froze a kong with water in it, it would do the same???

Yeah possibly. I will keep looking for the one you mentioned though because if I remember rightly its designed especially for when their teeth are acting up! Ah bliss. Shes spark out on the floor for now!! I have one, cant imagine what its like for you with four! Had a couple of bad nights with her howling too after five nights of silence :rolleyes:

I have one, cant imagine what its like for you with four! Had a couple of bad nights with her howling too after five nights of silence :rolleyes:

I just have the three but I noticed when I got Brook that there is four years between all of my dogs, who are 8 and half, 4 and a half and 4 months, I must get the puppy itch every four year ha ha!! Brook had one really bad night but wasn't too bad after that, she had the company of the other dogs so that helped her.

Oops! Thought there was four! It was strange because Sun to Fri night not a bother and then sat and sun she howled like mad and you'd swear she was re-arranging the furniture. Then last night silence again! Saying a prayer for tonight! Maybe we disturbed her routine at the weekend :pac:

Just noticed we've kinda hijacked the thread! :D

Just noticed we've kinda hijacked the thread! :D

That's just typical of me, get me talkin' about dogs and I can't shut up :D

This is happening to me too!

Well thanks for all your help and keep and eye out for my silly questions (I'm sure there will be a few!) I'm sure you'll be able to help me out again! :D

This is happening to me too!

Well thanks for all your help and keep and eye out for my silly questions (I'm sure there will be a few!) I'm sure you'll be able to help me out again! :D

No probs, don't forget to keep the updates comin on your pup, I will be living vicariously through you as I can't have a White GS of my own:pac:

Will do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP we need a photo of the new arrival please :)

• Advertisement

Magenta wrote: »
    OP we need a photo of the new arrival please :)

I know I know! I haven't seen him yet myself, going down at the weekend to look at him and maybe bring him home because I dont think I can wait.

He is ready to go now, but I was hoping the breeder might hang on to him for another week or so, but I think I might be to excited and wont be able to leave him there!!

He is a long haired one so i'm delighted - I just hope it all works out well when I get down there!!

Sorry for the double posting!

But what does 'hybrid' mean when people are talking about dogs...dosnt sound to healthy?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Magenta wrote: »
    For all intents and purposes.

Noted and edited ;)
    Sorry for the double posting!

But what does 'hybrid' mean when people are talking about dogs...dosnt sound to healthy?:confused:

"Hybrid" is a mix breed dog

"Hybrid" is a mix breed dog

Heinz 57 :D

I know I know! I haven't seen him yet myself, going down at the weekend to look at him and maybe bring him home because I dont think I can wait.

He is ready to go now, but I was hoping the breeder might hang on to him for another week or so, but I think I might be to excited and wont be able to leave him there!!

He is a long haired one so i'm delighted - I just hope it all works out well when I get down there!!

OP don't mean to rain on your parade just cautioning you not to let your heart rule your head when going to see your new pup, I know how exciting it can be but as with viewing any potential new dog ask plenty of questions, view the mother and siblings (if possible) etc. If anything doesn't seem right walk away, it will save you alot of heartache in the long run. But on a happier note I hope all goes well and you will be flooding us with photo soon.:)
    A hybrid is an animal who's parents are of two different but closely related species ie. a dog and wolf, a horse and donkey, a canary and a finch, these will all produce hybrids. Most hybrids are infertile.

lrushe wrote: »
    OP don't mean to rain on your parade just cautioning you not to let your heart rule your head when going to see your new pup, I know how exciting it can be but as with viewing any potential new dog ask plenty of questions, view the mother and siblings (if possible) etc. If anything doesn't seem right walk away, it will save you alot of heartache in the long run. But on a happier note I hope all goes well and you will be flooding us with photo soon.:)
    A hybrid is an animal who's parents are of two different but closely related species ie. a dog and wolf, a horse and donkey, a canary and a finch, these will all produce hybrids. Most hybrids are infertile.

I know what you mean, I do have a kind of nigly feeling about this guy, he seems to have a lot of puppies soo...I'm not going to take it if there seems to be anything shady going on. I want a healthy dog both physically and mentally and dont want to be funding the types of operations that are just milling the puppies out.

On another note, I was still looking this morning for others and came across a guy who has a litter with a male left and I kind of got a better feeling from him as he took the time to answer my questions etc. his pups arnt ready for another few weeks which kind of suits me better anyway. And he said I can see the parents and grandparents etc and that he would hold the male until I got down to look at it.

So i'll go look at these ones at the weekend and pick the better of the two, and the conditons that they are coming from.

sounds good that he's holding them till they are ready too, should be at least 8 weeks - 10 weeks is better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

When you say he has a lot of puppies, what do you mean? has he a few different litters of different breeds? if so this could be a puppy farmer so please, please do not buy from him if he does.

Where did his name come up and where did you find him?

andreac wrote: »
    When you say he has a lot of puppies, what do you mean? has he a few different litters of different breeds? if so this could be a puppy farmer so please, please do not buy from him if he does.

Where did his name come up and where did you find him?

I'm not sure what other breeds he has or if he does have any, but like I said if i'm not happy with the conditons when I get down there I wont be taking it.

I'm sure he is grand and above board, cant really judge until I get down to have a look.

• Advertisement

I usually write down the questions I want to ask before I go so I don't forget anything and also the do's and don'ts for choosing a breeder / puppy. Breeders must think I'm mad whipping out this bit of paper but it helps me stay focused and clear-headed on what I am looking for otherwise I'd probably be diving into a litter of puppies wanting to bring them all home.:D

Advertisement