Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White German Shepard Puppy

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

so what questions - might help the OP and others who come along, my list would start of with

1) Vaccinations - are they done and to what stage, do you have the vaccination card

2) Worming - when is the puppy next due (supposed to be every two weeks for (can't remember how long?)

3) If a pedigree,

a)is the dog IKC registered and can i see the paperwork

b) Can i see the "parents" IKC paperwork

4) when can i take the dog

5) what is the dog feeding on currently - is it still taking milk from the mother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Paul91 wrote: »
    so what questions - might help the OP and others who come along, my list would start of with

1) Vaccinations - are they done and to what stage, do you have the vaccination card

2) Worming - when is the puppy next due (supposed to be every two weeks for (can't remember how long?)

3) If a pedigree,

a)is the dog IKC registered and can i see the paperwork

b) Can i see the "parents" IKC paperwork

4) when can i take the dog

5) what is the dog feeding on currently - is it still taking milk from the mother

6)How old the mother is?
    7)How many litters has she had?
    8)What health certs might the parents have?
    9)What was the motivation for breeding in the first place?
    10)What happens if the pup suffers genetic problems in the future (my dogs all come with a contract: if the above happens I can trade the dog for a new one or get half my money back)
    11)If OP for some reason can't look after the dog in the future will the breeder take it back?
    12)Will the pups be endorsed?
    13)Are they microchipped?
    14)What are the disadvantages as well as advantages of the breed?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

the one question i would be asking is are the parents hip scored ?good luck and hope you get a nice well bred well reared puppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

would these questions and anymore be worth making into a sticky ?

Morganna wrote: »
    the one question i would be asking is are the parents hip scored ?good luck and hope you get a nice well bred well reared puppy

Question no. 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Morganna wrote: »

I second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

Thanks for the good questions to ask!

Picking up the puppy on 5th December - Cant wait I'm so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Great! Dont forget to show us a piccie!!! Did you tell your other half in the end or are you keeping it as a surprise?

Thanks for the good questions to ask!

Picking up the puppy on 5th December - Cant wait I'm so excited!

That's great, glad the questions helped, will want to see pic of your new baby when he/she arrives! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

Hi everyone!

Ok so we finally got our new baby, omg i cant tell you how in love i am!!

between one thing and another the one we got is a 'regular' black and tan as apposed to the white variety I was originally trying to get.

He is so loving and settled in with us straight away, eating and playing etc and we have really bonded with him, he just follows us around the house wagging his tail!! I could go on and on about how amazing he is!!

Anyway - here is a (bad) photo of him in the car on the way home with us! dosnt really do him justice, but he wont sit still long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Hi everyone!

Ok so we finally got our new baby, omg i cant tell you how in love i am!!

between one thing and another the one we got is a 'regular' black and tan as apposed to the white variety I was originally trying to get.

He is so loving and settled in with us straight away, eating and playing etc and we have really bonded with him, he just follows us around the house wagging his tail!! I could go on and on about how amazing he is!!

Anyway - here is a (bad) photo of him in the car on the way home with us! dosnt really do him justice, but he wont sit still long enough.

Congrats, he's adorable. I remember that time with my guy so fondly. Glad he's settling in well, always handy!! Good luck to you both for the future. :)

He's a real cutie!!! I will always have a soft spot for German Shephards, they are just the best dogs, good luck with this guy :)

Advertisement