Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hogmanay this year!! Advice on Must do's and Must Don'ts.

• 16-11-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I am heading over to Edinburgh for Hogmanay this New Years.

Has anyone been before and can they recommend a few things that should not be missed.

We have tickets to the Garden Party to see Madness. So that’s the New Years eve itself sorted.

We are there from Thursday the 31st to Monday the 4th.

I hope to cram in as much as possible over the weekend.

I have been in Edinburgh once before at the beginning of this year, so I am familiar enough with the layout of the town , and have most of the touristy things done, its more the hole Hogmanay celebrations I want to focus on.
    Are there any little lesser known activates that are must do’s.

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Sorry for being nosey...but can I ask you if your flights and accomodation were ridiculously expensive, or did you get a good deal?
    A few of us are considering going over for New Years too, but have heard it will be very expensive.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Sorry for being nosey...but can I ask you if your flights and accomodation were ridiculously expensive, or did you get a good deal?
    A few of us are considering going over for New Years too, but have heard it will be very expensive.

Thanks!

Hi Knifey.

You're not being nosey at all.....:)

We're actually staying with my wife's brother who lives there.

And flights were cheap enough but we got them a while ago, as we'vw had this planned for the past couple of months.

If you're in two minds to go or not...check out this vid...:D

http://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/content/video/2410/

Advertisement