Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer question

Options
  • 16-11-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Bought an Lcd tv in currys in N.I...It now seems that half the screen has a fault. Can I bring it in to a currys down south and ask for it to be /repaired/replaced etc Or am I snookered to bring to back up north..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

They may at their own discretion take it in down here, but they are under no obligation to do so. - Ring them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Thanks will ring them, cant find receipt but have the transaction on creditcard statement. Would that be enough proof of purchase?

Rang currys in liffey Valley, said it was no problem to bring it back. Brought it back and no way were they taking it back...So looks like im going back up north.

Anyone ever go onto the currys.ie and click on any of the stuff on menu, it brings you to their currys.co.uk website...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

the manufacturer may repair it for you in the ROI ?

if your heading up north anyway, its no biggie, but id check it out otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Contact the manufacturer directly and see will the service agent here in the Republic honour the UK warranty. Saves you having to lug it back up North. If not, then it's back up North you'll have to go.

That's the price you pay for saving by shopping up North - if you're prepared to spend your money up there, then you have to be prepared to take your problems up there too...

• Advertisement

This is the thing, I tried in vain to find out who makes the Tv...Its one of these tvs that Currys only sell....Logik Lcd tv/dvd player with iPod docking station....

Thanks for replies...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Have a look through the reviews here, surely someone must know you makes em!

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews71005.html

Advertisement