Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Christmas for Donegal ?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

probably going to get slatted for talking about christmas too early :D,
    but anyway whats the chances of a white one this year , i was chating an old man in the doctors there last week and he seemed to be full sure it would be a white one this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

was he using his top of the range big toe weather detector to tell you that? :p

you never know with this weather, anything could happen. i think the last white christmas in donegal was 95 though

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

inode wrote: »
    was he using his top of the range big toe weather detector to tell you that? :p

you never know with this weather, anything could happen. i think the last white christmas in donegal was 95 though

ha ha i was thinking the same myself , yes there was snow in 95 and another good fall in 99 also that kinda lasted till new year cause i remember no taxi wanted to take me home on new years eve had to walk and slide home ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Not according to Ken Ring and the boffins on the weather forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055720835

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Did we not have a white Christmas in 2004?? Nearly sure it was because on that morning i slid the car on snow into a wall:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

We had a white christmas in 2000 and I have the wedding pics to prove it.

• Advertisement

You got married on Christmas day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

Senna wrote: »
    Did we not have a white Christmas in 2004?? Nearly sure it was because on that morning i slid the car on snow into a wall:mad:

yea it started about midnight on xmas morning, didnt last too long though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Snow at any other time than xmas day is a real pain in the ass, especially when you live near those roads they all gang up along and pelt your car.

Other than than wish for no snow whatsoever and couln't care less about white xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 millytheminx10

i have organised my wedding for new years eve 2010 in hop of a white christmas! its a great time of year to get married as no one really has anything to do on n.y.e!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Christmas swim 2004

• Advertisement

we could be having a white one yet the weather is shaping up to be very cold for the next week or more

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I remember in I think it was 1999 that it was snowing on the night of Christmas Day cos when I woke up on Boxing Day it was pure snow, lasted for a few days aswell.

I remember in I think it was 1999 that it was snowing on the night of Christmas Day cos when I woke up on Boxing Day it was pure snow, lasted for a few days aswell.

yea thats right i remember it well there was a fair bit too and the roads were still very bad on new years eve as i remember the taxis in donegal town wouldn't take me home cause i lived in the country so i had to walk home but the vodka kept me warm ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

screen01dec132334.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Was up in Lifford today. Just reminded me of a Christmas Eve. Freezing cold and dense fog. Car temperature thingie showed -5.5c in Killygordon on the way home at 6.30pm. Out watching the geminid meteor shower at the moment. Perfectly clear night but boy it's cold !!! Bring soup quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Mickey the post says its going to be a white one...if that is anything to go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

I live in the NW, I am at a fairly high altitude, every year I get my car stuck in the house due to snow fall, ice etc... Even last year I had 2 or 3 day I could not go to work. 2000 I think if it was that year I was stuck for 14 days. (When I say stuck I mean no transport had to walk in and out over the hill).
    Snow = A whole lot of hasstle for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my long range weather forecast says

99042.gif

for the 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Glenman wrote: »
    Mickey the post says its going to be a white one...if that is anything to go on!
    So that means there will be no snow if his previous "predictions" are anything to go by :pac:

I live in the NW, I am at a fairly high altitude, every year I get my car stuck in the house due to snow fall, ice etc... Even last year I had 2 or 3 day I could not go to work. 2000 I think if it was that year I was stuck for 14 days. (When I say stuck I mean no transport had to walk in and out over the hill).

not being smart but do you live on a mountain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

not being smart but do you live on a mountain

We would call it the hill not really a mountin, we are about 200 meters (640 feet) above sea level but the road in and out is at a fairly steep incline so does not take a lot before the road in inpassible.

^ you should get a snow mobile. sorted! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

you need one of these

CREVSS.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

you need one of these

CREVSS.jpg
    :D

I think that's out by Muckish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

OK own up ! Are any of ye on this????

Any truth to the rumor that its snowing in the gap now??

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any truth to the rumor that its snowing in the gap now??
    Not yet I think although its -1.2 degrees.

See the details here

was snowing up the mountain top for all of one minute there at about 1am. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There is an excellent thread on the weather board here.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055772803

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

'twas -1deg in Gortlee, Letterkenny, this morning, and now (14.19), there's a very light shower of snow! Not much falling, but it's a start! :D

Advertisement