Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Murrisk

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Planning to climb Croagh Patrick next Saturday with a couple of others, one of which may not go up. Just wondering if there are any pubs around the area (Murrisk?) where someone could while away a few hours while we walked the mountain, preferably somewhere which might be showing a bit of footie!

I found the Tavern bar and restaurant on google, not sure how suitable this would be for a few saturday afternoon pints!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I climbed the reek a while ago, had a pint in the pub right at the bottom of the track up after, had a good chat with the barman, was friendly enough to spend time there, before getting another one or two in Molloys in Westport.
    I dunno if there was a tv there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

I climbed the reek a while ago, had a pint in the pub right at the bottom of the track up after, had a good chat with the barman, was friendly enough to spend time there, before getting another one or two in Molloys in Westport.
    I dunno if there was a tv there though.

Cheers for that.. Trip has been postponed until the following week in light of the current spell of weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

campbells pub is right beside the car park (at foot of c/patrick) and there is an info centre /cafe/shop just above the car park - you will have to walk past it to get up the mt. Westport is only a few minutes drive away and has a hugh selection of great pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

K2 wrote: »
    campbells pub is right beside the car park (at foot of c/patrick) and there is an info centre /cafe/shop just above the car park - you will have to walk past it to get up the mt. Westport is only a few minutes drive away and has a hugh selection of great pubs.

Cheers K2.. Cancelled last weekend due to the weather but might get down that way this weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

campbells is just beside the carpark as everyone said, a few hundred meters down the road towards westport is the tavern, absolutely great food, the braised lamb shank is the best i have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

Try the Sheebeen on the Coast Road - amazing food! Melt in the mouth lamb shank but all the food is excellent

Advertisement