Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hand blender, guys?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I think they're all basically similar - it's the accessories which make them IMO. Mine has a choppper, blender & whisk and I use them all - all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks olaola

Just to note! The whisk will do cream, but nothing cakey.

on both brands, ola?

on both brands, ola?

I'd say so. If you need to do a cake, you'll need a hand mixer. I think it mentioned it in the descrption - cream, mousses, egg whites and stuff. The handblender whisks aren't strong enough - they are like the 'manual' ones you'd use yourself.And you do need the opposing whisks to really get the air in the cake if you're making one. One whisk wouldn't do at all.

• Advertisement

ah ur a star. thanks

I got a Kenwood hand mixer in Arnotts - I think it was about €15. Does the trick for cakes etc. I don't have much room to spare, so it's nice and neat.

It's like this one http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4218953/Trail/searchtext%3EHAND+MIXER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have had Braun mixers over the last few years, the last one was a set MRHC5550 that had the Big blender jug and the small one and an ice crush attachment for the big jug, which is fine if you have lots of Margaritas but also good for making breadcrumbs from old hard bread.
    Stainless handblender and whisk as well.
    I like the Braun stuff it seems to be pretty durable and parts are available individually from the Dublin Agent if anything breaks or wears out.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have had Braun mixers over the last few years, the last one was a set MRHC5550 that had the Big blender jug and the small one and an ice crush attachment for the big jug, which is fine if you have lots of Margaritas but also good for making breadcrumbs from old hard bread.
    Stainless handblender and whisk as well.
    I like the Braun stuff it seems to be pretty durable and parts are available individually from the Dublin Agent if anything breaks or wears out.

I second this. I've found this the best stick blender I've ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

I second this. I've found this the best stick blender I've ever had.

Me too! wedding present 5 years ago. The attachments listed above are all useful. Just today I made a marinade paste in the big jug quickly and cleanly.
    The small chopper does a fantastic job on herbs.
    I whip cream and puree soups very often too.
    I don't have a mixer for dough and cake, that's next on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I've had a similar Braun for nigh on 10 years now...the 500W slightly-bigger-brother of the one recommended here.

It didn't come with the big jug, cause that didn't exist back then (afaik).
    I intend to replace the small bowl & blade, because I've literally worn down the bearing.

Just as a hand-blender, it is phenomenal. The other attachments are just gravy.

Advertisement