Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Super Q - Can I fit an External Timer to?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

The built-in timer on our Firebird Super Q Boiler has stopped working, could I fit an apt timer on the wall beside the switch we use to manually turn on the power to the boiler? It is set to heat only rather than heat & hot water on the boiler itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't know a lot about these boilers, but some need a live at the unit to keep a fan running after the power to the unit has been cut, so controlling this via an APT time clock may limit this function, my understanding is that without this fan that the lifespan of the boiler is considerably reduced, maybe some else can be of more help, but you may need to add a contactor and an additional live to the arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

If its the indoor super-Q type, I think you'll be ok to use the APT timer especially seeing as you dont use the switch on the boiler for hot water etc etc.

Advertisement