Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish in Dublin

• 16-11-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

My Monday morning started off fantastically! I am in Dublin these days and had had a good chat with the bus driver about tea when I was getting on- he waited while I was getting some in the cafe opposite. So at my stop I jumped off and said 'go raibh míle maith agat' and he said back 'go néirí an bóthar leat' :)

Small saying but it made my morning!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

I love that feeling you get when you hear random even if small bits of irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

I love that feeling you get when you hear random even if small bits of irish.

I love it when that stuff happens as well,

I remember I was on the DART once & two full on D4s were sitting near me, talking about D4 things in D4 accents, but as one was leaving, he said "slán". sort of took me by surprise, but still made me smile.:)

Also today, the chairman of my college said "sin é":cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Ah that's nice :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

ye its usually those small well known phrases - but still so nice to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

was out on saturday night getting coffee in some shop on grafton street and the guy ahead of me in the queue started telling the chinese guy behind the counter that english was his second language. hearing the northern accent from him i asked him what was his first. he said irish, so i started to talk to him in irish. left the shop laughing. not often you get to speak irish at 4am on a saturday night!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement