Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes buy Brawn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

enzo7 wrote: »
    Will kimi even take a brawn drive?? or is he only intrested in mclaren?

He is on record as saying McLaren where the only team that interested him just before the final GP of the year. That was before Button and Brawn started to drift apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

thegoth wrote: »
    Kimi is likely about .15 to .2 seconds a lap faster than Button

How did you come up with that calculation? :confused:

Just an feeling I have from studying form, I could be right, but I am normally proven right when it comes to driver form. Just ask PaddyPower ;)

I could be wrong but I would be surprised if most people didnt agree that Kimi would be in or around the .2 seconds per lap faster than Button. Do you think its a bigger or lesser margin, or do you agree ?

Just an feeling I have from studying form, I could be right, but I am normally proven right when it comes to driver form. Just ask PaddyPower ;)

I could be wrong but I would be surprised if most people didnt agree that Kimi would be in or around the .2 seconds per lap faster than Button. Do you think its a bigger or lesser margin, or do you agree ?

Even though Jens is a smooth driver.. Given that car this year i do feel Kimi would have lit the track up with it.
    But hey
    Thats just my feelings :D

I agree. Kimi would have done a better job than Button if Kimi had the Brawn this year.

So how much faster would you think Kimi is that Button ? 0.5 seconds ? I'm honestly not having at go at you for being an massive Kimi fan. I am interested in your view.

I agree. Kimi would have done a better job than Button if Kimi had the Brawn this year.

So how much faster would you think Kimi is that Button ? 0.5 seconds ? I'm honestly not having at go at you for being an massive Kimi fan. I am interested in your view.

Hard to say but Kimi is extremely fast when on form which he always appears to be when a car is going right for him.
    I would hazard a guess at 1/10 - 2/10 faster.

Nov 17th 2009. We agree on a Kimi fact.

Since you asked me "How did you come up with that calculation? :confused:" !!

Do you think that $10 ploughed into research and development would deliver more than .2 seconds ? I do. Even if the $10 only came up with .2 seconds, the extra .2 seconds would be on both cars, instead of just having .2 seconds extra on one car because Kimi is driving it.

I think that its Button or Heidfield for Brawn, unless Kimi decides to cop on and lower his wage demands. Kimi doesn't make sense at the rate he is charging

Advertisement