Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Liverpool

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Sarah.Roo

o wow im so excited now.. yeah i heaed liverpool one is great!! were stayin in the holiday inn! did you go to anfield when you were there?? is it true you have to organise that before you go ? i heard the beatles tour was worth a go as well !! have you tried that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

I stayed at Holiday Inn too :) Room was lovely...see if you can get a dock view room, it's worth it! Yeah we went to anfield. I had the tickets booked online. You are probably better off booking in advance just in case the tour is full when you get there. If you get the number 17 bus from Paradise Street Bus station it literally drops you at the gates of the stadium and it only costs £3 for a day ticket on the stagecoach buses.
    We didn't have time to do much Beatles stuff except the museum but would def go back there!
    Hope you enjoy your trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TicTac2

Me and my friends are going to Liverpool for a girls weekend around the 1st week of March!
    Does any body have any recommendations for hostels?
    and what's the night-life like....where to go and where to avoid etc?

Is it expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with earlier threads on the same town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ronano

anyone able to recommend some nice bookshops in liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I'm heading over there for a stag later in the year. We're looking to stay in the Dolby Hotel. Any good pubs/clubs in that area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 paulof1985

Baldie wrote: »
    I'm heading over there for a stag later in the year. We're looking to stay in the Dolby Hotel. Any good pubs/clubs in that area?

Were stayin in Jurys hotel off albert dock for a stags in April. Going to the PDC darts and everton v fulham game. Cant wait and hotel is supposed to be great.

anyone any ideas what a group of lads (25-30 people) on a stags could do during the day????

Also anyone know any decent, eh hem, Gentlemens clubs, eh hem we could visit???

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

go see a match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I'm a Liverpool widow, the OH is regularly off at matches!

He recommends going to visit both of the Cathedrals. A major highlight of one of his trips was a visit to the Cains Brewery, it's a real working brewery and you get a couple of pints at the end. He also recommends a trip to The Phil pub (Philharmonic I think...) though not with children as they have a strict no children policy regardless of the time of day.

Of course everyone recommends doing an Anfield tour (remember to book ahead if you intend doing an Anfield tour) but when I was there I went on the Everton tour, it was a really lovely experience, we were greeted by some ladies offering us cups of tea before the tour started and the tour was conducted by a lady who was heavily involved in running the club. It has managed to retain the small club feeling. It's not far from Anfield (via Stanley Park) so the two could be done on the same day.

Note: You can't do a tour of Anfield on a match day. The museum is open though. The museum shows a really cool documentary called One Night in May it had my OH in tears!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dave O

Ages 25 - 35 for a Stag.
    We are looking for Pubs Clubs & lots of Ladies to talk to!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would also be interested in this, heading over in a few weeks, any pointers appreciated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Make that +2. Heading over in two weeks for the weekend. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Strip clubs??? :cool: Concert square any night really, if going during the week, blue angel on a tue....£1 in an £1 a drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Friday, Saturday and Sunday night will be our clubbing nights. Defo gonna take in a strip club, I hear it's really cheap for a dance but are they safe/legit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 squidgy10

Liverpool is my 2nd home, head for the concert square area (concert square, wood street, fleet street).

In concert square itself there are about 6/7 places within 10 seconds walk of each other then there are lots of places on the surrounding streets.

The Funky Box on Fleet Street stays open till 7am so head there when everything else closes but only when everywhere else is closed, its not the best :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dave O

It really was the spot lads! Great craic and then on to Tease Gentlemans Club on Wood st after. Not the best but we had a laugh there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realslimshady

Was on a stag there myself only a couple of weeks ago, 2nd time there great spot, as previous posters mentioned head for concert square and you can't go wrong, Matthew street is also a good spot older type of crowd, I would recommend hitting the cavern on Matthew St for a few earlier pints that's where the beatles started out it's always a lively spot, also O'Neills Irish bar great spot.. Can't remember any strip clubs names but was only £10 a dance.. Serious spot..

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Staying in Mount Pleasant street in Merseyside..!!

Wheres good to eat and go out..?:D

Anything else..? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Who are you going with? Different things to do if with a partner or a group of mates.

Dont think its Mount Pleasant St, is it the Mount Pleasant Apartments? They are 5 minutes walk to the main shopping area(Liverpool One) and a 24hr Tesco right next door which is handy if you are falling in from a club/pub.

Matthew St is a must. Some great little pubs and "clubs" there, check out the Cavern if you're a music fan, they have live music most nights and its always been good when ive been there. Hit Concert Square at night for the clubs/late bars, you'll find something for everyone there. Head down to the docklands for food, try the "Blue" restaurant, a bit pricey but good food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I know its corny but take the Ferry across the mersey.

Even if you hate football, dont like Liverpool FC you should book a tour of Anfield - its well worth it (book that before you go as its often booked up weeks in advance).

The Beatles Tour is excellent - it takes you to all the places mentioned in their songs like the Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane Etc

Head down to Albert Dock and you will pick up all the tourist info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

The Philharmonic Pub (not if you're travelling with kids though!)

The Cains Brewery

Both of the Cathedrals

Liverpool and Everton Stadium tours (must prebook)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

We stayed in the spectrum apartments on Duke Street. 2 mins walk from Liverpool One Shopping Centre and within walking distance of Matthew Street and Concert Square. Top Class accomadation, only €20 per head per night. We stayed in a 3 bed apartment and to be honest you would fit another three in them if you werent fussy. Highly reccomended.
    Can be booked on stayliverpool.com or hotel.
    Nightlife is brilliant there. Very easy to mix with the locals, there sound out. Concert Square is the main spot, and theres loadza nice pubs in the area.
    Cant really remember the names of the pubs we visited, too many to name anyway. Didnt stay too long in any pub. Kept moving.
    According to the locals, Matthew Street is like the Temple Bar of Liverpool and isn't as popular as it was in the past.

Advertisement