Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cake supplies where to buy?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭

hi, where can i buy supplies like a cake tier or cake board, cake tins etc, i want to make a cupcake cake??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

Are you in Dublin? If so, try Kitchen Compliments on Chatham Street. They pretty much have every size and shape of board. Last time I was in there they had a pyramid shaped stand specifically for holding cupcakes. They also have a cake tin in the shape of a giant cupcake!! It's a bit pricey, but it's so cute that I was drooling over it in the shop;). You could also try the Stock shop around the corner on Sth King St, but experience has taught me that they tend to charge a good bit more for exactly the same stuff.

Good luck with the cupcake cake!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mel123

yes im in dublin, thanks very much for that info. do you remember off the top of your head how much the large cupcake tin was?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

If you're looking for cupcake tins, try Tesco - they've got a decent enough range of bakeware. But cheap enough and not too bad. Arnotts is my stop for all things kitchen. And they've a sale on atm?

From memory, I think it was somewhere between €50 - €60. It's possibly one of the cutest cake tins I've ever seen. It's shaped like a 3D upright cupcake, with swirls on the icing and everything. I would have bought it if it weren't so expensive.

Although I actually really like cakes that are made from a whole bunch of little cupcakes arranged together. Yum!:p

This is their website:

http://www.kitchencomplements.ie/kc/Main/Category.asp?iCategoryID=38

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i have that cupcake tin, i got it in NYC - i love it.. the cupcake is probably about 10inches tall and 7 in diameter.. you can get a really good 15pieces out of it! you have to make bundt cake rather than sponge in it or it wont hold the shape!
    there is a catering shop up pearse street too and not forgetting the yeast co shop by d'olier street.

• Advertisement

I've never been to the one on Pearse St. Must give it a go one of these days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

The Kitchen Dresser based in Portlaoise also sell bakeware.

http://www.kitchendresser.net/wilton-dimensions-giant-cupcake-pan-2894-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mel123

I've never been to the one on Pearse St. Must give it a go one of these days! :)
    any idea of the name of the one on pearse street, couldnt find anything on google??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I have no idea of the name of it, it has a ridiculous chef painted in the window, and it's a fair bit down on the northside of the street. Loads of professional stuff in there (vaguely annoying as most stuff in there is priced as ex VAT) and the guys are extremely helpful. Just start walking from town towards ringsend and you'll come across it (it's beyond trinity and then some, but not as far as jp motorcycles)

The fresh yeast company is at the college green end of pearse st, unfortunately it has bizarre morning opening hours, so ive never been in there.

Advertisement