Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I need 3,000 euro and none of our financial institutions will grant me a loan. I have an existing loan with my bank which is Bank of Ireland. I have applied to all banks and my local credit union and all have refused. My credit union refused my loan due to lack of savings which I understand.
    Does anyone have any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

A lot of people are in the same situation and there's not much that can be done straight away.

The quickest option would be to get up your saving is the credit union but this may take a couple of month's.

You could also go into your bank and ask to speak to someone and see if they will appeal your loan application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dragonspawn

Thanks for replying so soon and for the advice. I think that is the only option available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Are any of your problems to do with not having a regular income?

I think on average credit unions need 2 months of work pay slips and savings at 1 fifth of what you want to borrow.

your bank won't budge unless you have a few months of salary/wage going into your account..

went through all of this myself few months ago.

Advertisement