Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Golf GTI

• 16-11-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi could I ask everyone to keep and eye out for my car which was stolen two weeks ago, pictures below, the Garda in Blanchardstown are looking into it. The most distinctive feature of the car is the reversing sensors on the rear bumper, there aren't too many with thos on them Many thanks

2qs85r4.jpg

bg1gtw.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

sorry to hear about that dude, hope that you get it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Any chance of a reg no?

I presumed you have tried the usual; contact toll operators to see if it has been on the move, Dublin Airport to see if it's parked there etc. I assume they have the keys?

Only seeing the reg in the top photo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mad2race

Reg no as per pic 06 D 22963, prob well changed by now, have done the toll's and Airport, couldnt get any infor from ferry companies/ports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

mad2race wrote: »
    Reg no as per pic 06 D 22963, prob well changed by now, have done the toll's and Airport, couldnt get any infor from ferry companies/ports
    This is a massive long shot but seen a well known scum bag (who doesn't work) driving round in one of these recently but it's white,but it has same alloys and parking sensors,normally see him actin the maggot round mc donalds,donore road,rathmullen when it gets dark,im probably looking too much into it but ill try catch the reg if i see it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Sorry to hear about it. I end up traveling about the city quite a bit and I'll keep an eye for it. I really like the look of the GTI so I tend to pay attention to them when I see them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Free bump.

Hope you either get it back just as it was or never see it again. And I hope the fcukers that took it get what's coming to them

thanks lads, would love to get it back, no doubt the insurance comapny will insult me with an offer on it.

Got two reports of a simialr car seen in the Maynooth area, have spent 3 evening out there driving around, if anyone is around maynooth could they keep an eye out for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Got two reports of a simialr car seen in the Maynooth area, have spent 3 evening out there driving around, if anyone is around maynooth could they keep an eye out for me too.

I presume the car had an alarm and immobiliser? Did they take the keys from the your house? I have the same car myself and colour, hopefully you get back.

i've a better idea,organise a group to go on a man hunt,we find the car,we corner him,and then pull him out of it,citizens arrest,ring the guardaí,i'll be first volunteer. This is not a piss take btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Vanbis wrote: »
    I presume the car had an alarm and immobiliser? Did they take the keys from the your house? I have the same car myself and colour, hopefully you get back.

Same question.. I've a gti also and have immobiliser and alarm. How did they take it? I thought that most modern cars they would nearly always have to take the keys?

ya never know,if he's only bought it a while ago and if he bought it second hand previous owners could have kept spare key set? Or maybe they broke into the house to get his keys? There's some amount of scum out there.

no they broke into house and robbed they keys of both cars, scum is right.

well just PM me if you're in the mood for a hunt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Bonito wrote: »
    i've a better idea,organise a group to go on a man hunt,we find the car,we corner him,and then pull him out of it,citizens arrest,ring the guardaí,i'll be first volunteer. This is not a piss take btw.
    Let's leave the silliness out of this thread, thanks.

i had more or less given up hope of recovering my car but got call from Gardai this morning, they recovered a 06 GTI that was stolen in Sept by apparently the same gang who stole mine, it had 05 plates on it, so there is a glimmer of hope that mine is still around somewhere. The reversing sensors on the back bumper of mine are very distinctive.

Any infor greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hope the OP finds their car!

(off topic - does anyone recall the thread from an American forum where a car thief got owned?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

kbannon wrote: »
    Hope the OP finds their car!

(off topic - does anyone recall the thread from an American forum where a car thief got owned?)

Yeah - that was epic!

any linky to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

kbannon wrote: »
    any linky to it?

The Claw?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

<---- my location - tis all i can do. EDIT: im usually popping around D12 and D1 + D2 aswell just to point out

did they get the other car too ?

and if so what was it and it would help a lot, they wont stray far from each other !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm up in college in Maynooth so I'll keep an eye out for you.

The very one!
    I couldn't remember the make of car at all - I kept thinking of the paedo spammer NSX Nick (another epic thread!)

Anyhow, OP I'm in Leixlip and will keep an eye out for any riff raff coming over from Maynooth. I don't like being the bearer of bad news but its likely that it was stolen to order!

Advertisement