Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 Modding

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Hey all's, I've never had my xbox modded before or anything like that and I would just like to ask a few questions.

Now that that ban wave is out of the way, is there a need for new firmware or what happens with that :confused:

Do you think it will be next November untill the next wave?

Is it worth it to get your console modded around now or would should I wait/not get it done? Any other info would be nice too! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hold off for a few weeks at least. The latest firmware is only out for a couple of drives so wait till at least that has been released on all drives.

If it was me I'd wait for 1.7 (or lite or whatever its called)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hold off for a few weeks at least. The latest firmware is only out for a couple of drives so wait till at least that has been released on all drives.

If it was me I'd wait for 1.7 (or lite or whatever its called)

+1 on the waiting.

There are still no concrete details on how Microsoft were able to detect all the banned folks. Likewise there are several reports that this ban "wave" is not a wave, that it is the beginning of new policy that targets modders year round. Waves usually followed a "collect data" and "ban" cycle. But this year people who went and bought a 360 during the "ban" cycle and modded it got banned themselves.

If your xbox is new and has a LiteOn 9xxx drive it is currently unflashable.

I would do as witnessmenow said and wait for iXtreme 1.7/iXtreme LT (Lite Touch). And if you can, wait until it's been out a while so you don't end up the sacrificial lamb to an early release :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

I would have to offer another vote for waiting. One of my buddies just got his Live Account suspended a week or two ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Thanks guys, guess I'll wait a while, prob a good thing with all the college work I've to do in the next month :P :rolleyes:

I just got a "new" xbox back from M$ last month after my 3-4 RRoD's, now it's a Hitachi drive one.... It's still just a refurbished old version, I didn't even get the version with a HDMI port in the back :( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is it OK to go ahead and Mod an XBOX 360 if you don't want to play online ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is it OK to go ahead and Mod an XBOX 360 if you don't want to play online ?

Given the high rate of success Microsoft has had with detecting firmware modifications properly, there is no guarantee that future dashboard updates (which you'll be forced to take if you play games with updates on them) will not implement the same measures that happen when a console gets banned off live.

So to sum up, if xbox live is not important to you that's fine. But there is the possibility that even if you play modded xbox360's offline you will lose the hard drive functionality at some point if MS decides their detection methods are good enough to implement offline banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thanks for that, might keep an eye out for a bargain banned one so!!

Advertisement