Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone climb around here...?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello All!
    I'm searching for place where I could learn how to climb...does anyone know something about it? Any walls for climbing?...
    :)
    Marta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The scouts den has a brand new wall, and while they probably wouldn't let you use it, you might be able to get some decent contacts therein.

I seem to recall hearing the watershed has one but I am open to correction. A quick phone call to the watershed will reveal all.

And finally, experienced climbers can be found most weekends out in Ballykeefe quarry near Ballycallan so maybe go out and interrogate one of them for information.

I strongly suggest that if you are a beginner you don't attempt Ballykeefe unsupervised lest you lose your footing on the wall and end up using your face to absorb the impact of the resulting high speed descent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I did some wall climbing on a cruise ship back in September and really enjoyed it, I came back home and also heard the rumor of the watershed having a climbing wall but their website doesn't mention one at all :(

I've heard people doing climbing in Ballykeefe alright but not ideal if you don't know people going out there already

The Tyndall Mountain Club have a number of members who climb in Ballykeeffe Quarry in the Summer months. They probably do some indoor climbing during the Winter too. A contact number is printed in the notice they put every week in the Kilkenny People about their Sunday walk.

Advertisement