Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera Screen Repair

Options
  • 16-11-2009 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I broke the screen on my Sony Cyber-shot camera (it's touch screen to make matters more complicated). The Sony Shop doesn't do repairs and other camera shops around Dublin have told me that it always costs €100 to get an estimate on how much it is to repair Sony cameras and then the cost of parts/labour etc to get it fixed...

Does anyone know anywhere that'll do the repairs for any cheaper?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You have broken one of the most expensive parts of the camera.

Point & Shoot cameras are really not worth repairing, unless the camera has some sentimental value then it's best to replace it.

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

In general you won't get a compact camera repaired for less than €100, regardless of the problem.

A broken LCD (and to make matter worse- a Sony touch screen) will always be in the range for €150-200.

If you're still looking to have it fixed, it will be more expensive to send it back to Sony, but they'll renew the guarantee on the parts they replaced. A slightly cheaper option would be camera came on dame street- 016778100

Sorry!!

Advertisement