Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone knows of a place in Sligo selling the self refill kits for inkjet cartridges?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

If anyone has seen them anywhere please let me know.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I have got them in Tesco (upstairs) before. Not worth the hassle, imo, I made a right mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Lol - so i didnt imagine this about Tesco. I went here today and they only had the originals and the Tesco refurbished brand.

I have used the the self refill kits before and I agree they are/can be very messy but they are alot cheaper especially if you have one of those printers where the cartridge costs as much as the printer.

I guess i just gonna get it refilled. Still alot of money but way cheaper than the original.

Thanks for the help

The ones I got were actually Tesco Value brand, and once I actually managed to get the ink in, they lasted, and printed really well. (And lasted for about two weeks in my nails - eww)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

. have one here in the cupboard that won't work on my printer( chip type cartridge) ...your welcome to it if you want - just drop me a pm.

Mine is a chip type too, but you can usually find the code to unlock it online.

As I said though, too much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Is that cartridge place next to the Belfry still there? they might have what you're looking for

Yeah there are 2 cartridge refill stations in Sligo. 1st one is Cartridgeworld next to the Belfry and the other one is Ink4Ireland by the bus/train station.

Went to Ink4Ireland and it took 5minutes to get it refilled. They charged the same as Cartridgeworld which was Euro15 for the black one in my case. Cartridge number PG40 (cannon) if anyone has the same one and wants to know the price.

New one is usually 25euros and up (thats just for the black) but Tesco had the original one for Euro19 but I think they just made a mistake. Anyways nowadays its almost like buying the cartridge and getting the printer for free because the printer companies charge outrages amounts for the ink.

If anyone has an older Lexmark/Epson etc. printer they are usually way cheaper to refill but newer models now have encryption chips etc. so they can prevent you from refilling it yourself. However the prof. refill services have sometimes countermeasures and circumvent the encryption chips.

Just try to avoid paying for original cartridges if you can. Its just such a money scam. And the whole thing about Printers exploding in a huge fireball when you dont use original ink that the printer manufacturers try to make you believe is total nonsense.

Yeah thats a good price. I could swear Tesco were selling the original Canon PG40 for eur18.95 and thats why I said I think they mispriced it because its way too cheap for Tesco.

But then again maybe I didn't look closely and and it costs eur25 and above like in most other stores (internet excluded)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I would keep away from Cartridge World, my cartridge was sent to Galway, the shop didnt open for three days and I never got it back, disappeared and I then had to pay FULL PRICE in PC Wasters. Bah!

• Advertisement
Advertisement