Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Seconds to Mars playing the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

unless they are reducing the capacity of the O2 for these shows theres a load of bands scheduled for next year that really aren't big enough to pull the numbers.....

that's shockin behaviour for any band - 40 minutes ????
    they must be shifting a lot of albums to get an upgrade to the O2 if they were that bad last time out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tremendous excitement as a text message arrived to my phone this morning. A text alert from O2. To see who was going to be playing was quite a let down. My housemate will love it though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I had to sell my ticket last time they were here because i was going on holiday the same day :( . Def gonna go to this gig i was suprised that they would put them in the O2 aswell its a big jump from 2 shows in the Ambassador to the biggest Venue in dublin . I did hear mix reviews from their ambassador gigs but i would say it was kinda a bad idea to do to gigs in one night , so im presuming he was trying to keep his voice at least this time they will have 3 albums behind them

Mr.S wrote: »
    Last time they played here, they JUST played the 2nd album, not one track from the debut album. Very dissapointed:(

edit: i'm wondering if they've got the correct venue :confused: all the other dates on the tour are venues with 2-6K, compared to the o2's 14,500?!

Well there is no other venue that would be step up from the Ambo(apart from the Olympia) unless they played in the Shed in the RDS . I have a feeling the new album could be pretty big going by their new song which is not really like their previous stuff kinda reminds me of Angels and Airwaves

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frankletanc

Is the tour not a big one though? NME says their doing Wembley. Thats not too far off the O2 here

http://www.nme.com/news/30-seconds-to-mars/48417

• Advertisement

Is the tour not a big one though? NME says their doing Wembley. Thats not too far off the O2 here

http://www.nme.com/news/30-seconds-to-mars/48417
    Yea i found the capacity of the UK dates
    Wembley Arena - 12,000
    Nottingham Trent FM Arena - 10,000
    Manchester MEN - 21,000
    Cardiff Arena - 7,500
    Glasgow - 10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I didn't think Paramore would fill The O2 but it looks like that is selling well.

Then again I have barely any idea who this band is. They'll probably just close off a few seating sections for this.

Recently a relatively little known Irish singer/songwriter Imela May (don't know her stuff at all) was booked for the O2 in December. Not exactly on the arena circuit herself, so I guess they are making use of the venue where they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Imedla may in the o2??man that will look empty unless its like 10 euro in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Imedla may in the o2??man that will look empty unless its like 10 euro in

It's 40 euro

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 176 ✭✭pkr_ennis

Definately going. I missed em in Dublin last year but travelled to London and saw em in the Hammersmith Apollo. Absolutely unreal. I heard it was a let down in the ambassador but believe me the gig in the O2 will be unreal.
    Been waiting for em to release the new album for a long time now. This definately one for any mars army follower.

• Advertisement

I wonder who will be the support?

Anyone getting tickets tomorrow? Looks like im going on my own :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

tix bought

Got my tickets too. I hope there's a strong support. Would be great if they put a line up together a bit like the Paramore show

Mr.S wrote: »
    Got my tickets yesterday:)

I wouldn't say the support will be anyone big/well known, Leto wouldn't want the spotlight off him;)

Ha wouldnt mind someone like the Used

Got my ticket before i went to College this morning

They were voted as Best Band in Kerrang beating Green Day and Paramore. There must be something going with them then if Kerrang and behind them so much. Says too that the live show is going to be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

cant make up my mind about going to this. I was hoping some support announcements would entice me a bit more. Cant believe no word on support yet, it's on next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Haven't decided if I want to go to this yet...I was at the midnight show when they played last time and it was unreal! Apparently they played longer for that than for the first one and they did play stuff from the first album. I'm just not sure I like the new stuff yet, it's so different compared to the other 2 albums and a little too mainstream in comparison as well. Loads of people who had never heard of them before love 'Kings and Queens'...maybe this is why they're doing the O2, hoping for new fans to show...

Cant wait for this gig. I had to sell my ticket for the Ambassador last time due to the fact i was flying to Portugal the same day :( .

I wonder who the support will be? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Cannot wait ;)

mildly off topic but anyone have any opinions yet on the new album? It's been slowly growing on me and after maybe 10 listens I'm looking forward to the gig even more.

Yea the new album is alot different then the last 2 . Not as heavy but is shows their experimental side . So far i need to give the whole album a few more listens but the few songs that i keep playing are great

Yeah same here. There are some songs that jumped out. I do really like Kings and Queens now after a few listens. The video is quite cool though

Yea Night of the Hunter is class aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Got my ticket,the seating tickets seem to be selling better than the standing ones

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

^What makes you think that?
    You can get way up closer in standing :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

^What makes you think that?
    You can get way up closer in standing :/

well if you try to buy tickets in specific blocks,some of them are all gone. It was just an observation :pac:

still no news of support acts yet as far as I can see, anyone know different?

• Advertisement

Street Drums Corps are supporting

Advertisement