Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Seconds to Mars playing the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone one no how long they play for? Dont wanna look at the set list so im surprised :)

seems they come on at 9 (/9.05) and are finished by 10.45-10.50.

from the one review i read :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

seems they come on at 9 (/9.05) and are finished by 10.45-10.50.

from the one review i read :)

The 02 has a curfew of 11 so they`ll play `till then I presume.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

seanbmc wrote: »
    The 02 has a curfew of 11 so they`ll play `till then I presume.

Yea but i tink bands usually end at around half 10 there. I kinda hope they finish at 10:30 so i could run for the bus at 11 , after dat i have to wait till 12:30

Yea but i tink bands usually end at around half 10 there. I kinda hope they finish at 10:30 so i could run for the bus at 11 , after dat i have to wait till 12:30

Yeah The Prodigy played `till 10:30 but Green Day went on `till 11 I think

Yeah The Prodigy played `till 10:30 but Green Day went on `till 11 I think

Green Day was 10.45 i believe...(was there...probaly **** memory tho)

• Advertisement

Green Day was 10.45 i believe...(was there...probaly **** memory tho)

Same :pac:

Hopefully they will play Oxegen too.

Doors: 6.30pm
    Fox Avenue: 7.20pm
    Street Drum Corp: 8.10pm
    30 STM: 9.00pm

:)

Hopefully they will play Oxegen too.
    Id say they will get announced in the next installment of bands.

I hope they end at 10:30 :) , 90 mins would be just perfect so i can get the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just listened to some of SDC. They sound rather amazing. As a drummer myself I am very much looking forward to seeing them.

Fox Avenue - Not really pushed on seeing them to be honest.

As for 30 seconds, I've been reading a lot of good reviews about some of their UK shows recently. Should be a good night. Also a few people on other review websites said that they played an acoustic version of 'The Kill'.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just listened to some of SDC. They sound rather amazing. As a drummer myself I am very much looking forward to seeing them.

Fox Avenue - Not really pushed on seeing them to be honest.

As for 30 seconds, I've been reading a lot of good reviews about some of their UK shows recently. Should be a good night. Also a few people on other review websites said that they played an acoustic version of 'The Kill'.

Yea FA are alright nothing special tbh. SDC are pretty cool and different but chances are by the time i get to the O2 it will be just before 30stm take to the stage.

Acoustic version of the Kill could be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hiya folks, just getting ready to leave Waterford for the spin up ... enjoy the gig everyone and hopefully we'll all be here over the next few days sharing/comparing rave reviews :)

Im leaving Kildare at 7 :) cant wait

Leaving in about 45 mins. Should be fun-tastic. I'll be the guy in the Linkin Park t-shirt so feel free to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

only went cos i won free tickets from Fm104

We left after 5 songs, during Beautiful Life.

Downstairs (Standing) was about 1/3 full, lowertier half full, upper tier closed, why the fcuk they had this at The Point i'll never know, the band seemed to be swallowed up by the arena

Decent enough gig. Only caught the end of that first band and thought they were absolute muck.

SDC were rather good. Pity about the sound though cutting out. Decent band to get warmed up for 30 seconds.

30STM weren't too bad. Good intro but I felt that a lot of their songs were rather samey. The acoustic thing was rather nice actually. Would've liked them to have played Battle Of One though. That's a song that could've really gotten the crowd going.

Very strange that they stopped during This Is War to kick security out of the pit. Fair play though I suppose.

The 02 is too big a venue for them.

Decent enough night but instantly forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

^Totally disagree, probably the best gig I've been to, and I wasn't even expectint them to be that good at all!
    I was third row, and I swear I got so pissed in the pit when Jared got the crowd to surge forward, I'm pretty sure my ribs are broken :P
    The acoustic set was a lovely surprise, really special.
    Jared Held my hand and sung right into my face during The Kill, total fan girl moment.
    Yeah, just amazing, if they play as good as that at Oxegen they won't have any problem selling out the 02 again!!!!

Did anyone see the dickhead who was bald wearing a red tshirt? He started really violently pushing girls away from the front, I tried to stop him pushing me out of the way and he F*cking tried to punch me!! And tried to start fights with the lads who were trying to stop him(Although this guy was pretty beefed up, he would crush those emo dweeps in a second) It actually really upset and scared me, had to move away from a great spot because I was scared he'd take the head off me or whatever(Hopefully security copped on and threw him out...)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Jared Held my hand and sung right into my face during The Kill, total fan girl moment.
    )

You lucky lucky thing!

Really enjoyed the gig. As people have said the O2 was to big for them (if we only had a smaller venue apart from the RDS since its a barn) .

I arrive about 20mins before they took to the stage . When i got in i realised there was f all people there . Agreed i wish they would have played Battle Of One to get the crowd going(It would have been a great opener imo).

The band sounded great , i thought when Jared stopped there was a kid after getting trampled on. The acoustic set was good but nobody really knew the songs. Great to hear Attack and The Kill live.

Had to leave at the encore to get the bus which i nearly missed because the luas wouldnt move for ages. I presume they finished with Kings and Queens

Had to leave at the encore to get the bus which i nearly missed because the luas wouldnt move for ages. I presume they finished with Kings and Queens

Yeah it was Kings and Queens.

It was a decent gig but I think I would've enjoyed it more if there weren't so many irritating people beside us no matter where we moved.

Screaming girls just shouting aimlessly saying "WE LOVE YOU JARED" "MARRY US JARED" etc. Got a bit tiresome but I managed to eventually drown them out.

• Advertisement

Great night! There was a good amount of people standing,thought there would be less in all honsety. A previous poster said they were "swallowed" by the venue,wouldn`t really agree with you there,I know it didn`t sell out but I personally don`t care if it is or not.

As for the performance I really enjoyed it! My only gripe would be on the crowds part, for the first couple of songs there wasn`t much interaction but things got much better and the crowd was finally singing loud,which really is one of the things I love about this band,the interaction and the parts where the crowd play a big part in the performance,especially in "Vox Populi".

The acoustic thing upstairs was very unexpected and I really liked "Was it a dream". Kings and Queens was a nice closer(love the song personally) and overall they performed their songs very well. Most notable being "From Yesterday" and "Kings and Queens" for me.
    Would have liked to see a couple of more songs in the set list though,I was dissapointed that they didn`t play "Search and Destroy" or "Alibi".

Regarding Jared shouting at the security guards,fair play to him. People should be allowed stand in the seating area and people should be allowed mosh and dance if they want to. The security always take it a bit too far and I`m glad Jared told them to basically fúck off and let us have a good time.

As I said I really enjoyed the show and will definetly go to see them again. I think the next time they come here they will be much more popular and perhaps even sell out the 02. Its their biggest show they have had in Irealnd and they pulled it off,the last time they played here it was in the Ambasador(which was only for 40 mins but that`s another story),from what I have seen they have sold out their other shows in Britain. If you haven`t seen this band live I would higly reccomend you see them live,great perfromance overall,came home felling very uplifted :).

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sammypsammy

I thought this was a brilliant gig... Much better than expected! And I knew most of the songs so that was great. Street drum corps were amazing too... I caught one of the drumsticks! :D woop! Didn't care much for the other band but I suppose they got everyone a bit warmed up!

Lots of people hugged me too... And there was loads people with cats whiskers drawn on their faces! :P

Totally awesome gig :D
    Totally worth going to...Made sure i was in the circle pit for the encore :D
    Setlist - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/30-seconds-to-mars/2010/the-o2-dublin-ireland-5bd74738.html

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

scudzilla wrote: »
    only went cos i won free tickets from Fm104

We left after 5 songs, during Beautiful Life.

Downstairs (Standing) was about 1/3 full, lowertier half full, upper tier closed, why the fcuk they had this at The Point i'll never know, the band seemed to be swallowed up by the arena

They could prob only afford to have it o2 for one night, instead of a couple in the olympia or whatever, hence the draping over the back seats. Anyway sounds much better in there than anywhere else and they got to use their full PA, which made em sound massive.

pistonsvox wrote: »
    They could prob only afford to have it o2 for one night, instead of a couple in the olympia or whatever, hence the draping over the back seats. Anyway sounds much better in there than anywhere else and they got to use their full PA, which made em sound massive.
    And half-selling the o2 would likely make more revenue then multiple nights elsewhere...making everyone happy :)
    I'd say the decisions on the seats was made when it was obvious they wouldn't sell more than that amount anyway..or maybe no decision was actually made and it simply didn't sell enough.

Glad Jared sorted out the security guys though :D

Probably the most hit and miss gig I've ever been too. WAY too many groupies there just to see him rather than to enjoy the music. Thought he wasted far too much time between songs. I'd rather see 3 songs for an encore than a bunch of people being plucked from the crowd for 10 minutes. As for the acoustic thing. If he wasn't who he was then people would see it for what it was. People got excited because it was him. He played a bunch of crappy songs that nobody knew and then the one song that could have made that moment great (was it a dream) and he forgets the F'n words? wtf. When they actually got around to playing their songs they were really good but the whole thing felt a little TOO like a Jared Leto ego stroke. I'd like to see them again if it was A) at the beginning of a tour so his voice wasn't struggling, B) they were playing support to someone so their setlist was limited in time and they were forced to get on with it.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Speak for yourself i guess, but not everyone just listens to The Kill, Kings & Queens etc.

I loved the set list, they usually never play anything from the S/T, so it was a huge surprise:)

The one thing I don't like about Jared/30STM is the way he gets the crowd to sing half the song. Fair enough one or 2 lines of a chorus, but yesterday he was basically just getting the crowd to sing while he could run around stage. Same thing happened at the 2 ambassador gigs.
    I own the 1st 2 albums and haven't gotten the latest one yet. I thought his song selection for the "acoustic set" was rubbish. As for why he gets the crowd to sing, I don't know if you noticed but he can't go from low to high like he does on the album and he struggled all night to get the high notes.

pistonsvox wrote: »

It costs €85,000 to rent out the O2 so id say they just broke even for the gig. If only we had a 7,000 capacity venue that isnt the RDS i think they would have suited more.

I think if they would have a had a bigger support band it might have helped to get more people in

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

It costs €85,000 to rent out the O2 so id say they just broke even for the gig. If only we had a 7,000 capacity venue that isnt the RDS i think they would have suited more.

Grand Canal Theatre but its only hosting acoustic artists etc...noone likes rock round these parts:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think if they would have a had a bigger support band it might have helped to get more people in

In Case Of Fire would've been a good band to have iinstead of that Fox force 5 band or whatever the hell they were called.

Or even Innerpartysystem. That would've been cool.

Advertisement